I have a start in which I reverse the neck and middle pup wires to play with NECk and bridge on at once. I wanna know if I can put the neck and middle in series(in the neck switch position) with the neck in series. I want to keep the 5 way switch. And if i do put the neck and middle in series(in the neck pos.) Can I put the switch into the middle pos. And have it in series/single?
with a super 5 way switch absolutely, with a stock 8-ish contact 5 way blade it is impossible i can imagine.

however, try the 7 way mod. Pretty much you turn the bridge or neck pickup on in any selection giving you 7 tones. David Gilmours black strat has this done.

it's simple all you need is a push pull or on/on mini toggle.
common (middle contact/s) of the switch or push pull
hot lead from the pickup goes to the outer contact of the mini toggle, bottom on a push pull

pretty much you're making a Y shaped wire sort of connection with the pickup, one part of hte hot leads Y goes to the selectors switch, the other half of the wire goes to the push pull or mini toggle.

your extra two sounds are
the outer 2 pickups
or all 3
plus the regular 5 positions

for example I use the 7 way mod in strats any time i wire them up for customers. This is a master volume and two different types of tone but follow the hot lead from the pickups this works for anything , active, passive, p90s to the most vintage single coils or humbuckers ever made.
[img[http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/xa66/7%20way_1.jpg
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jun 15, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13
with a super 5 way switch absolutely, with a stock 8-ish contact 5 way blade it is impossible i can imagine.

+1

Super 5 way is absolutely the way to go for what you want to do.
It gives you 5 separate positions rather than the 3 overlapping positions you get with the regular switch. This lets you do pretty much whatever you want with each position

From reading your other thread I'd recommend getting a super switch and wiring it like:
Position 1: bridge
2: bridge + neck and middle in series
3: middle
4: neck and middle in series
5: neck

Though you can do pretty much anything so if there's any positions you don't like you can change them for whatever you want
Is it possible to have it like
1.bridge
2.neck/middle in series with bridge parallel
3.neck in series
4.neck/middle in parallel
5.middle in parallel

With the stock selector?
No

You can have your neck and middle in parallel or in series but not both with the regular switch unfortunately
Well if I put them in series together, will it be possible to play the middle by itself?
Yes
You could have them in series then turn the neck off to get just the middle.
It's the same as coil tapping a humbucker

Edit
So you could have something like
1: bridge (parallel wired)
2: bridge (parallel wired) + middle (with neck in series)
3: middle and neck in series
4/5: middle

Further edit
If you don't like having two positions being the same you could put the bridge in the middle (which personally I find annoying but I guess you'd get used to it) and have your middle and middle/neck on the outside positions and have the 2,4 positions be bridge with either the middle or middle/neck

I can make a wiring diagram if you like
Last edited by xnameisonx at Jun 15, 2015,
Solder the neck hot to the middle ground for the series
The have that connection go to the ground for the coil tapping
Last edited by xnameisonx at Jun 15, 2015,
So after I connect the hot and ground together, which ground do I connect it to?
Last edited by jrbulifant at Jun 15, 2015,
Quote by jrbulifant
So after I connect the hot and ground together, which ground do I connect it to?

The neck ground goes to the back of the volume pot (or wherever you put all your grounds)
The middle hot lead goes to the pickup selector switch
The neck hot and middle ground go together and go to the other side of the pickup selector switch in the position where you want to turn off the neck pickup with the common on that side of the switch going to the ground
Hopefully this diagram will make it clearer what I mean

The blue arrow goes to your volume control and the symbol at the end of the ground wires means they go to the common ground (normally the back of a pot)
The ground wires are grey
The red and purple wires are the hot wires, I used different colours so it would be more clear
The bottom two pickups are supposed to be the humbucker, which I've shown parallel wired
Attachments:
1445gd4_2_2.jpg