Over the past few months, I've experimented with a few threads and methods to try to figure out what would be a good formula for a pit thread. I've seen some threads take off, leading to sparking controversy and funnies. But I've also seen some fade away into nothingness.

So here are my conclusions, my go-to formula for making a good pit thread:

1. Buy any color thread at a craft shop.
2. Unravel and throw in a pit.
No but for real I've been examining "successful" threads and not-so-successful threads. Successful threads tend to ask loaded questions or make a very broad statement, likely leading to a lot of deviant responses. Non-successful threads do the opposite. I am measuring success by threads that have 3 pages or more. Also I didn't really research this.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 15, 2015,
pit is srs business
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

20ppp or 40ppp

Cos 2 pages in 20ppp ain't shit.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Will Lane
Successful threads tend to ask loaded questions or make a very broad statement

bingo
Check out my band Disturbed
If number of posts is a good indicator, the easiest way to a successful thread is probably to spam 'joshua garcia' or something similar over and over again. I've seen it work time and time again

That or bears. It really helps if I spam an entire page worth of posts with bear pics.
you do understand that 'good thread' and 'in the pit' are oxymorons, right?
superman is killing himself tonight
You need a dollop of controversy, a bit of edginess, and maybe a spoonful of circljerking and you're good to go.
Quote by ultimate-slash
If number of posts is a good indicator, the easiest way to a successful thread is probably to spam 'joshua garcia' or something similar over and over again. I've seen it work time and time again

That or bears. It really helps if I spam an entire page worth of posts with bear pics.

or bird/cuckatoo gifs
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
What you really need for a good pit thread is a new amp.

Me, I just need some new tubes.
I have nothing important to say
THING 1 vs. THING 2

yre welcome

Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Will Lane
Over the past few months, I've experimented with a few threads and methods to try to figure out what would be a good formula for a pit thread. I've seen some threads take off, leading to sparking controversy and funnies. But I've also seen some fade away into nothingness.

So here are my conclusions, my go-to formula for making a good pit thread:

1. Buy any color thread at a craft shop.
2. Unravel and throw in a pit.
No but for real I've been examining "successful" threads and not-so-successful threads. Successful threads tend to ask loaded questions or make a very broad statement, likely leading to a lot of deviant responses. Non-successful threads do the opposite. I am measuring success by threads that have 3 pages or more. Also I didn't really research this.

Successful threads encourage discussion? Wow man u r brilant
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
You need a dollop of controversy, a bit of edginess, and maybe a spoonful of circljerking and you're good to go.

Plenty of feminism too
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
tl;dr

your gonna have to shorten your posts first of all, then you need moar pics and tits, aswell as pears and bloody jizz stains
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
tl;dr

your gonna have to shorten your posts first of all, then you need moar pics and tits, aswell as pears and bloody jizz stains

blast from the past, thanks based '09
superman is killing himself tonight