Hey guys,

I'm after a boost pedal, i need to be louder when i'm doing solo's with the distortion on to stand out a bit more. anyone recommend a decent one which isn't too pricey?

i was looking at the boss feedback/booster but didn't really read that many great things about it
What level of distortion are you playing at (ie what genre)?

A boost (MC401, micro amp) in the fx loop=volume
A boost in front (Tube screamer, SD-1 families of pedals)=more distortion, some volume depending on what the amp and pedal are set to.

I like both for full band situations.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jun 15, 2015,
Boss GE-7 - up to 20db of boost - just keep your EQ settings flat - one of the simplest clean boosts around and super easy to set up.

You want to go dist/OD I would recommend a BOSS OD-1, SD-1 or the Ibanez TS9, 808 or the Soul Food.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Jun 15, 2015,
You have plenty of options... EHX LPB, EHX Soul Food, Fulltone 2B, TS9, an EQ pedal, MXR Micro amp...

Fulltone Fulldrive 3 could be a good idea for you too. It's a 2 in 1 pedal.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Many (not all) effects pedals with a volume knob can be used as a booster. Just turn the effect (whatever it is) to zero and set the volume to taste. Pedals with true bypass work best.

Once at a gig on a late Sunday night I was setting up my rig and 1/2 hour before we go on I noticed someone had "borrowed" my booster. No time to get another. Guitarist loaned me an old pedal. Don't even know what is. Worked a treat.

From that time on I always carry a Marshall Guv II pedal as a spare
Some work better than others depending on the situation. That's why I asked for what genre/dirt level he plays at before hitting the pedal.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
i use a boss ds-1 for distortion, i have the distortion set to about half way. i'm in a cover band the heaviest it gets is The Darkness I Believe in a thing called love, that kind of distortion. i'm not looking for anything to change the tone, just literally a volume boosy of a few decibals for when i'm doing a solo or lead part. the GE-7 looks like a possibility or the mxr micro amp!
Just volume=Micro amp, or for an even cleaner volume boost, MC401. I'm down on the GE-7, it has a bit of floor noise not for my liking.
A TC Spark Mini in the FX Loop is what I use, I believe it has a range up to a 10db boost. I keep mine set around 7 o clock and I find that to be plenty extra oomph for my solos.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.