hey guys, here's a track I made, i used reaper for it, as well as other plug ins. Feel free to ask questions if you have any and leave a comment with your thoughts! also leave a link if you'd like me to check out your stuff as well. thanks!

Video Link
I really like the clean part in the intro, sweet tone. The track stays very interesting when the crunch kicks in properly. The break and the lick at 0:50 however were kind of sloppy, it was a bit out of time and not very clean. Afterwards the track gets back to the level though, I think that it's an interesting mix of progressive, melodic and modern ideas as well as more old school, "evil" metal style. The clean at 2:20 is nice, I like the ambient noise in the background a lot. The switch back to crunch was really abrupt but that actually worked for it's favor in my opinion, it was a nice dynamic trick. I was also pleasantly surprised to hear some black metal-esque riffs implemented here. The guitar solo at the end is cool, but the track ends very abruptly. It left the song hanging.

I quite liked your track, my main criticisms would be that all of the different influences weren't always smoothly implemented, and there were to weird quirks in the production at 0:50 and at the ending. Otherwise, I really like the production, beefy bass and strong guitar tones. Everything summed up, I think that it's a great instrumental
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
thanks for taking the time to listen to the song man. Yeah there's deff a lot of influences in there, still trying to manage them all into one has been the toughest part. I'm glad you enjoyed and i'll deff take the critiques to improve as well. I appreciate it!
Hello there.

You have a lot going on here. Theres a lot of good riffs floating around in here. I normally dont go in for instrumentals so much but I like this, it kept me engaged throughout. I like your little lead runs too, they sound clean (except for a couple of notes in the first couple of runs) and work well with the riffs. I did feel like it could use a rhythm guitar part as well at times where the bass was doing it alone below the leads - it felt like it could do with some fattening below. The clean part around 2:20 is cool - I really liked the atmosphere created in that part. The solos are well played and structured, the second one was the best for me.

As for the mix, the blast beat around 1:20 could use some work as the snare got lost quite a bit.Other than that it is a pretty damn good sound, nice and spacious, not overly bass oriented or too much high end. A nice track to listen to.

A cool track to listen to.

If you fancy C4C -https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677842

Cheers
That is one shimmering clean tone. Interesting contrast between the distorted and clean parts.

Interesting riff composition, however I think that some of the riffs are slightly too complex along with some of the lead lines, however this is merely opinion due to me preferring a more melodic approach.

The phrasing from 2:09 to the next clean part flows beautifully. Excellent stuff.

3.09 is brutal. Good work there lol.

Song is produced very well and I can tell youve put a lot of time into this due to the complexity and progression of the piece, along with a well produced song. Great stuff man.

If you fancy checking out my song, why not C4C here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33455361#post33455361
Nice tone there. I like that clean riff in the beginning, very Scale the Summit ish. Actually, most of the track has this very strong early STS vibe. I very much like. You have some great technique there. Mixing is good, I do feel the drums are a bit loud though, specifically the kick. The kick masks the entire mix sort of, like I can hear the snare struggling to cut through over it. Especially in places where you're doing open palm mutes.

Love that lead. You have mad chops. Tones damn nice too, sleek but with enough bite to get that "shred" sound.

Mind posting settings?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Nice tone there. I like that clean riff in the beginning, very Scale the Summit ish. Actually, most of the track has this very strong early STS vibe. I very much like. You have some great technique there. Mixing is good, I do feel the drums are a bit loud though, specifically the kick. The kick masks the entire mix sort of, like I can hear the snare struggling to cut through over it. Especially in places where you're doing open palm mutes.

Love that lead. You have mad chops. Tones damn nice too, sleek but with enough bite to get that "shred" sound.

Mind posting settings?

Hey man, thanks for checking it out. My drum mixing isn't good still. I can't seem to get it down. Specially my snare. I will deff take teh kick drum issue into my next mix, maybe it's what's causing the issue. I guess i'll have to listen to scale the summit, i hven't heard of them. Guuitar settigns were : pre gain at 3.5/4 lows:6 mids 3.5 highs 6 post 3 resonance 2.5/3 presence 7... with a ts9 in with drive at 0 tone at 12 o clock and level at about 3-5 o clock. hope this helps, of course post eq as well, but nothing too drastic