Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
*coltrane*

this isn't what i was looking for (obviously i guess, lol) but a buddy of mine has been showing me some of Coltrane's stuff. about due time i started listening to more jazz really
Last edited by Dregen at Jun 15, 2015,
Quote by Dregen
this isn't what i was looking for (obviously i guess, lol) but a buddy of mine has been showing me some of Coltrane's stuff. about due time i started listening to more jazz really

I know lol, I just wanted to share it because it is amazing. The songs you posted were cool, but what are you learning from listening to them? What are they teaching you about music? They are experimental but how many songs like that do you have to listen to before you get the point? It's like my bloody valentine. Sure loveless was a cool record, it needed to be made, but how many times do you have to listen to it, and how many bands that sound like that do there need to be before we all get the point? I feel like I learned more about improvisation listening to that coltrane track than I would listening to 24 hours worth of the doomsludge you posted.

If you really want more music like that I am sure you could easily find it google searching on last fm or similar sites
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
google searching on last fm

hmm...

Grouper is a less heavy version of Chelsea Wolfe
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I know lol, I just wanted to share it because it is amazing. The songs you posted were cool, but what are you learning from listening to them? What are they teaching you about music? They are experimental but how many songs like that do you have to listen to before you get the point? It's like my bloody valentine. Sure loveless was a cool record, it needed to be made, but how many times do you have to listen to it, and how many bands that sound like that do there need to be before we all get the point? I feel like I learned more about improvisation listening to that coltrane track than I would listening to 24 hours worth of the doomsludge you posted.

If you really want more music like that I am sure you could easily find it google searching on last fm or similar sites

lol he asks for similar music and you come here preaching about his tastes what are you doing

music doesn't have to teach you shit to be good music

Anyways, TS, having trouble finding anything *exactly* similar. Northaunt has some similar soundscapes to the first one you posted but it's a lot more ambient (as in like, field recordings and shit) and has no vocals. Barren Harvest might be worth checking out if you don't mind the occasional bit of male vocals - it's not 100% the same style but similar kind of atmosphere.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

it's not because it's so incredibly experimental, actually a lot of these structures/riffs/melodies seem fairly standard to me. it's more the environment and soundscape. jazz also puts me in a place but that's different from what i'm really feeling right now.

Quote by genghisgandhi
hmm...

i'll check this out
Last edited by Dregen at Jun 15, 2015,
Quote by genghisgandhi
hmm...

that first song in the OP actually sounds a tad like Grouper

also the new Chelsea Wolfe album is going to be phenomenal
Instrumental, but Earth are da bomb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA

Sabbath Assembly's Restored to One is a really trip of an album. Some stoner rock sensibility infused into a bunch of hyms from a church/cult in the 60's and 70's. The church was pegged as satanism but was more of a Zoroastrian type duality, worshiping Lucifer as much as God. Cool stuff, chill tunes. Whole albums good but this is my fav:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DdYlEl1D4.

EDIT: Forget all that, you need some Tribes of Neurot in your life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHI3PUd-gAU
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Jun 15, 2015,
listening to grouper right now, do like.

Quote by whywefight
that first song in the OP actually sounds a tad like Grouper

also the new Chelsea Wolfe album is going to be phenomenal

checked this out >> is also now stoked, can't wait for august 7

still need to listen to the new song as of yet though