So I'm modding out my strat, and I put some EMGs in it. For the moment, I've got the 9v connector sitting in the empty S slot under the pick guard, but as we know, that'll be a huge pain in the ass when changing the battery out. I want to avoid modifying the body and run it through the ground to trem claw rout hole and nestle the 9v in the back cavity between the springs, but obviously the battery connector isn't going to fit through that hole. So my question is this - as I'm sort of new to mods and the like, am I just clipping the battery wire, running it through, and soldering/taping it together again, possibly adding a small length of additional wire for length?

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
you can have the battery externally but it is monotonous. you'd need a guitar pedal housing and all. EMG has this out but how cheap and easy it is to make you could even put it in a butter dish if you wanted to test it out and see. All goes well you can buy a guitar pedal housing and do it.

however, i'd honestly just put an expensive 9v in, you're replacing the battery every 3000-5000 hours of use. I have a powerful point and click (or whatever it is) digital camera and cheap carbon zinc batteries last me like 4 - 10 photos. these expensive batteries i use i can take well over 100 photos.
Quote by Tallwood13
you can have the battery externally but it is monotonous. you'd need a guitar pedal housing and all. EMG has this out but how cheap and easy it is to make you could even put it in a butter dish if you wanted to test it out and see. All goes well you can buy a guitar pedal housing and do it.

however, i'd honestly just put an expensive 9v in, you're replacing the battery every 3000-5000 hours of use. I have a powerful point and click (or whatever it is) digital camera and cheap carbon zinc batteries last me like 4 - 10 photos. these expensive batteries i use i can take well over 100 photos.

Not sure which of us is more confused -

I don't want the 9v external. I want to run it through the existing hole from the electronics rout to the tremolo claw rout. I'm just asking about splicing the wire since the end that connects to the battery won't fit through the hole...

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com