Hey all,

so long story short, I have well recorded vocal tracks in cubase and need to give them a video game feel... sortof 8bit, sortof robot voice or synthy or whatever.

I don't have any specific sounds to cite as an example because I'm not looking for something specific. I just want to mess around with stuff until something fits with the rest of the track.

I'm already messing around with autotune-ish VSTs but was wondering what else was out there.

I'd prefer if it was free but you might as well reccomend some paid ones as well. Depending on the quality, I might be able to unlock some budget for this.

Thanks!
You're looking for a 'bit crusher' so try searching by that term and you'll find some good ones!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
searching for bitcrusher is indeed giving good results. Shame I'm stuck at work, haha. thanks!

Any other suggestions or specific bitcrusher vsts?
A bit crusher will only give you a distorted sound.

Have a look at sonic charge bitspeek.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Vocoder sounds like what you're after.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
i also recommend trying a vocoder!
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Just the use the bitcrusher in Cubase, but mess around with the bit depth and tweak it to your liking
//