Hello, i want to buy a squier affinity strat and upgrade the pickups. is this guitar good for upgrading? i heard that it has diferent body dimensions. can i put in some normal size pickups?
Quote by kitarmen
Hello, i want to buy a squier affinity strat and upgrade the pickups. is this guitar good for upgrading? i heard that it has diferent body dimensions. can i put in some normal size pickups?

squiers are fine for modding and many do. the body isn't quite as thick as an american fender but that in no way affects teh pickups or anything else really.
it was my first guitar, i have it up in MN for when i am up there on vacation.

the body is thinner than MIM and MIA strats.

its a decent guitar but i would start out with a fender MIM. you can easily find them for$250, and honestly, they are better instruments. the trem blocks are bigger, you have a full thickness body, and its just better put together. also, there are more things that you wouldn't need to upgrade on a MIM that you may want to on a squier affinity strat.

squier does make nicer strats than the affinity line too.

just my $.02 and some food for thought.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i love my squier vm 70s, its def better than half as good as a mim for half the price.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
as for the pickups, guitarfetish.com will be good for that type guitar.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A