http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG7421WH

I'm looking at this as a possible build-up guitar, but I don't have much experience with the newer model. So my question is this to anyone with experience with this RG - how viable is this as a buy it now on a budget, replace the pups/electronics to make it a good guitar? I love ibanez, have for years, but I don't have any hands on with the 2014/15 RG 74xx models.

Thanks.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
7421s are one of the best 7 string project platforms there is. The build quality is pretty good on them for what they sell for. New tuners, new pickups and electronics and you'll have a guitar that's easily as good as one costing 2-3x as much.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yea 7421s are pretty nice, would recommend. I finally got around to ordering new pickups for mine yesterday.
Thanks for the replies - suspicions confirmed, and will be starting a new project soon. Cheers.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com