Hi,

Last week I bought the Big Muff Pi which I really like, I use it on the clean channel of my Roland Cube 30X. I use it on the clean channel because on the lead channels, it sounds really bad. However, I want a little more crunch on the clean setting when I don't have the Big Muff enabled. Can I use an overdrive pedal for this?

I'm looking to buy a Tube Screamer TS9 (maybe Keeley modded) or a Soul Food. Would this be a good choice?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by jesperprovoost
Hi,

Last week I bought the Big Muff Pi which I really like, I use it on the clean channel of my Roland Cube 30X. I use it on the clean channel because on the lead channels, it sounds really bad. However, I want a little more crunch on the clean setting when I don't have the Big Muff enabled. Can I use an overdrive pedal for this?

I'm looking to buy a Tube Screamer TS9 (maybe Keeley modded) or a Soul Food. Would this be a good choice?

Thanks in advance!

your amp has built in fx. often modelers don't play nice with pedals. why not use teh built in overdrive which is desinged to interact properly with your amp? a keeley modded TS would be a complete waste of money as your amp won't really benifit from it.
Save up for a better amp. Use the OD setting on the 30x and set it just so that it barely breaks up. Some of the heavier settings might be nice with the gain down low. My 20x sounds nice on the metal setting with the gain on 0. Clean up the grit by lowering the volume on your guitar. C:
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 16, 2015,
Should I get a tube amp or can I also get a solid-state amp? Or is a regular solid-state amp (without modelling) also incompatible with overdrive pedals? What is the cheapest good tube amp I can get that gives me the possibility to sound like Dave Keuning from The Killers?
Quote by jesperprovoost
Should I get a tube amp or can I also get a solid-state amp? Or is a regular solid-state amp (without modelling) also incompatible with overdrive pedals? What is the cheapest good tube amp I can get that gives me the possibility to sound like Dave Keuning from The Killers?

well need a budget to see where you are at. do you play in a band or jam with others or just home? also need to know where you are. an overdrive tends to be something that is used to fine tune (or tighten ) up your sound. the amp does the heavy lifting though so you need an amp that can get you what you want (or reasonably close).