Hey guys, I pickup up a used DSL 15 H the other day and I am pretty happy with it, I can get some good sounds from the amp but the only issue is that it is clean and extreme. There is no crunch like the old 2000's, also no lead 1. These amps come with clean and lead 2. So, on the clean channel you can't get much break up, not even plexi level and on the lead channel you can't take the gain over 2 or it flubs out big time..

Right now I am using my guitar volume to tame the red channel and I never go on the green one. I have ordered some parts to tame the red channel and make the gain useable though the entire knob, but I am wondering if anyone has come up with anything to make the green channel more gainy?

I am kinda hoping I can get the green to more of a "crunch" channel, something like a JCM800 and the I could have the red for more modern stuff and lead.. I really don't need a clean channel so I am not worried about loosing it, I would just like to have 2 gain channels, one for more classic rock/metal and one for modern rock/metal..

I can do the mods myself, if anyone has come up with anything.. Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW, I am using an OD on the green to get more drive, but that's not what I am wanting to do long term, would like if the amp could distort on it's own.
Use an OD to boost the clean channel, this will give you more of a plexi type sound.

I never have the gain above 6 on my JCM2000 DSL100 (I know they are not the exact same) on the ultra 1 channel. I don't use the ultra 2 channel, it is too compressed for me.

I was under the impression the DSL15 had the classic crunch channel and was lacking a true clean channel.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Use an OD to boost the clean channel, this will give you more of a plexi type sound.

I never have the gain above 6 on my JCM2000 DSL100 (I know they are not the exact same) on the ultra 1 channel. I don't use the ultra 2 channel, it is too compressed for me.

I was under the impression the DSL15 had the classic crunch channel and was lacking a true clean channel.

No, it has the green clean and then ultra 2, it does not have crunch or ultra 1.

Marshall screwed up on that, they used the 2 channels most people don't use..

I'm using an OD now, was just hoping to be able to get the OD sound without having to bother with the pedal.
Quote by Chiliphil1
No, it has the green clean and then ultra 2, it does not have crunch or ultra 1.

Marshall screwed up on that, they used the 2 channels most people don't use..

I'm using an OD now, was just hoping to be able to get the OD sound without having to bother with the pedal.

Yeah, that don't make sense.

The classic crunch is great and with a TS for a boost it sounds really good. Pretty much like a boosted JCM800 (which is supposed to be). The clean ch is nice also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate