Okay so this is really weird...
Normally if guitar left alone the strings go out of tune (flat) but it's different with mine. I haven't played for 2 days so I plugged in my guitar and noticed that the sound is a bit off. Plugged in my tuner and realized that all strings are almost 8HZ sharper than normal! What is wrong with my guitar?
I'm absolutely sure there are no ghosts tinkering with my guitar tuning pegs while I'm asleep...
Its normal behavior. All guitars (and all things in the universe for that matter) expand and contract under different temperature and humidity conditions, causing the guitar's tuning to fluctuate either which way.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What blue said. It's totally not me sneaking into your house. And I'm not swapping your trousers around to make you think you're getting taller either. *shifty*
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Haha thanks guys.. I wouldn't have paid attention to this but before tuning used to go flat. I thought something was wrong with my truss rod or tension or whatever
If you put it back in the case at night, just throw a couple old pencils in there with it. A lot of guitars have the tendency to start sharpening after several hours of inactivity so it's important you give yours a proper outlet.
Quote by jmako
If you put it back in the case at night, just throw a couple old pencils in there with it. A lot of guitars have the tendency to start sharpening after several hours of inactivity so it's important you give yours a proper outlet.

Toss my brain in there, too, will you? It needs a bit of work.
Plus, some cheddar.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by jmako

Oh my. At first I was like "Could it be he thinks pencils will keep the neck straighter? Will the wood in the pencils distract the cold/moisture?" then...I realized how fantastic that joke was.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I have just one guitar that goes sharp, and that's only because I leave it out of its case. It seemed pretty odd to me, as well (I honestly didn't get a case with this one), so I tucked it into a spare case, and all of a sudden the "sharpening" went away.
I'll bet what's going on is that it gets colder at night, and a case will protect it a little bit more. As well as keeping it in a stable environment. DO NOT TRY KEEPING IT WARM WITH HEAT. Just keep it in a good room. Not the basement, or attic, or garage.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
i get the same with playing my gibson sg, it goes sharp as I play it. bend the shit out of the strings, expect it to be flat a bit after. nope. it's gone sharp, by about 3 or 4 led's on the boss tu-3. reckon it's cos the neckjoint is so flimsy on gibson sg's.
Quote by zarchcraft
i get the same with playing my gibson sg, it goes sharp as I play it. bend the shit out of the strings, expect it to be flat a bit after. nope. it's gone sharp, by about 3 or 4 led's on the boss tu-3. reckon it's cos the neckjoint is so flimsy on gibson sg's.

Maybe the nut needs a bit more lube? The strings could be sticking in the nut as you bend and not sliding back through properly.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz