Hello all

I bought a Yamaha F310 acoustic guitar and the guy at the store tuned it for me. I checked the tuning using several iPhone apps when I got home and the tuning looks perfect.

However, the sound still doesn't seem right when I try playing the chords, it just doesn't sound like the videos I'm watching or even the sounds on tabs pages on this website.

Anyone has a clue of what might be the problem?

Thanks a lot.
can you give us a sample?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
you need to set the intonation tune the open string then at the 12th fret fret the string most of the time they are sharp if it is sharp move the bridge pin back away from the body retune open string check intonation again repear tell it is e and lower e octave or whatever tuning you are using repeat all the strings check again.
you have a better ear than most people dont know they are playing all sharp notes and the flats are in tune but on wrong frets check this every time you change strings
Quote by glencarr
Was it second hand? Maybe its got some electric strings on

It's a brand new one
Quote by milhouse666
also i am just assuming the bridge on the guitar has pins that move the saddles

I honestly don't know how to check all of that
Quote by kh3khalid-999
This is me trying an E minor: (the mic was too close to the soundhole)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hizrb5w6tvgii78/Em.m4a?dl=0

Idk if it's the right sound or not, I'm a beginner.

That sounds fine to me, in tune and all. I think you might be referring to the tone of the guitar, which has little to nothing to do with tuning.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
That sounds fine to me, in tune and all. I think you might be referring to the tone of the guitar, which has little to nothing to do with tuning.

So that's just how my guitar sounds? Nothing needs adjusting? I just want to know if everything is alright and if I need to go back to the store or not.
maybe play a few more chords and we'll see if they sound wrong.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297