An mighty sound, full of tension and strange evocation. This is a brilliantly conceived piece, but perhaps a bit to cluttered in execution. The lead guitar has too much distortion on it, and this grates against the ear.
But this piece is full of epic emotion, painting grand vistas- it could suit a climatic film scene. Also, unlike some similar instrumental music, this keeps faithful to its basic themes, and does not chop and change through a plethora of thematic invention that confuses and dizzies the listener. This well composed, deeply moving, soaring yet suggestive music would benefit from a more open arrangement, and also a simplification of the drums, with in places distract from the overall impact.
But a heart beautifully heroic music of magnificent and mighty movement,,,,,
I actually like the guitar tone, I think that the grind is of the sweet kind. I am much more bothered by some VST sounds that aren't up to notch. But I don't really expect people to have access to all of the real instruments either, so it's cool.

The atmosphere is great though. Most of the time I feel like the track isn't that mighty and epic, but mysterious and subtle, even thought there are a couple of mightier parts. But that's the beautiful thing, people hear music in a different way. The ending didn't really hook me though so it felt a bit drawn out, but I'm sure that someone who connects emotionally to the outro would love the way you handled it. I really enjoy the first 80% of the track, and he ending isn't bad by any means. By composition I have no gripes about this track.

The biggest problem for me is the quality of the VST instruments, but it's understandable that it's hard to get them to sound natural. All things considered you did great job with this piece.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Jathon Delsy
An mighty sound, full of tension and strange evocation. This is a brilliantly conceived piece, but perhaps a bit to cluttered in execution. The lead guitar has too much distortion on it, and this grates against the ear.
But this piece is full of epic emotion, painting grand vistas- it could suit a climatic film scene. Also, unlike some similar instrumental music, this keeps faithful to its basic themes, and does not chop and change through a plethora of thematic invention that confuses and dizzies the listener. This well composed, deeply moving, soaring yet suggestive music would benefit from a more open arrangement, and also a simplification of the drums, with in places distract from the overall impact.
But a heart beautifully heroic music of magnificent and mighty movement,,,,,

Funnily enough, this is going to be part of my portfolio as I want to move into sound design, which is what I was aiming for with this piece.

Thanks for your kind words, I kind of agree with that it is a bit cluttered and perhaps I tried to do too much.

I actually like the guitar tone, I think that the grind is of the sweet kind. I am much more bothered by some VST sounds that aren't up to notch. But I don't really expect people to have access to all of the real instruments either, so it's cool.

The atmosphere is great though. Most of the time I feel like the track isn't that mighty and epic, but mysterious and subtle, even thought there are a couple of mightier parts. But that's the beautiful thing, people hear music in a different way. The ending didn't really hook me though so it felt a bit drawn out, but I'm sure that someone who connects emotionally to the outro would love the way you handled it. I really enjoy the first 80% of the track, and he ending isn't bad by any means. By composition I have no gripes about this track.

The biggest problem for me is the quality of the VST instruments, but it's understandable that it's hard to get them to sound natural. All things considered you did great job with this piece

I agree with what you said about the VST's in the fact they don't sound that natural, I might have a look around for better ones. I find it interesting about what you said about how you talked about how people listen to music differently and therefore interoperate each song differently, which I would completely agree with.

The ending does feel slightly drawn out, I must agree after a re-listen.

Thank you for your kind words.
I really like the feel of it, but I couldn't help but wish it was a speed metal instrumental. It sounds great as is, but I was waiting for dbl bass. Keep up the tunes!
i like the over all feeling of the song, the mixing could use some work cause it's missing some punch. I enjoyed the atmospheric feeling to it!
Hey man, thanks for the crit! I appreciate it

The beginning riff is cool, and the synth sounds nice, they go well, but I think another synth playing a similar part to the synth you already have but lower with a bit of distortion placed back in the mix would help you a bit.

The build is cool, and the mix itself is quite good, everything is audible. The only part where it felt like it was lacking was the beginning. I like how you balance the synth melody with the guitar, they compliment each other. The outro is nice, adds a feeling of completeness.

I like it, you developed your idea well and the piece had a sense of structure. I liked it.

Keep making music!!
a) I like your bass tone a lot
b) Nice piano bits
c) song flows nicely.
d) hats seem a little loud?
e) guitar tone seems a little harsh? Or was it deliberate?
f) Is that flute at 1:00? Whatever it is, I like it.
g) Lead flows well. Still getting the feeling the tone is a little harsh.
h) Maybe cut a bit of low end below 40Hz on the master? Seems a little boomy in places
i) synth parts very tastefully done. Still feel the guitar tone ccould be reworked to complement thte synth better.

Overall, I rather liked the track, some really good work there
Quote by pks330
I really like the feel of it, but I couldn't help but wish it was a speed metal instrumental. It sounds great as is, but I was waiting for dbl bass. Keep up the tunes!

Haha a speed metal instrumental? I'm not skilled enough guitar wise for that!

i like the over all feeling of the song, the mixing could use some work cause it's missing some punch. I enjoyed the atmospheric feeling to it!

Hmm. Punch in what places, the melody, drums or rhythm?

Hey man, thanks for the crit! I appreciate it

The beginning riff is cool, and the synth sounds nice, they go well, but I think another synth playing a similar part to the synth you already have but lower with a bit of distortion placed back in the mix would help you a bit.

The build is cool, and the mix itself is quite good, everything is audible. The only part where it felt like it was lacking was the beginning. I like how you balance the synth melody with the guitar, they compliment each other. The outro is nice, adds a feeling of completeness.

I like it, you developed your idea well and the piece had a sense of structure. I liked it.

Keep making music!!

No bother man, anytime! Hmm might try experimenting with what you mean, sounds like a good idea. What way was the beginning lacking?

Thanks man!

a) I like your bass tone a lot
b) Nice piano bits
c) song flows nicely.
d) hats seem a little loud?
e) guitar tone seems a little harsh? Or was it deliberate?
f) Is that flute at 1:00? Whatever it is, I like it.
g) Lead flows well. Still getting the feeling the tone is a little harsh.
h) Maybe cut a bit of low end below 40Hz on the master? Seems a little boomy in places
i) synth parts very tastefully done. Still feel the guitar tone ccould be reworked to complement thte synth better.

Overall, I rather liked the track, some really good work there

Cheers! I believe the guitar was meant to be deliberate, but in hindsight it does seem a little harsh. I believe its a clarinet haha. Hmm yeah good point, it does after a re-listen. Yeah I would agree with you there man.

Thanks for the crit guys, appreciate it!
this song feels dark with a hint of lightness! I will be honest I don't like the drums in this track I feel they are a little too busy for this, I personally think they could be cleaner to keep the progression flowing smooth as they break down and fill too much with the toms/snare, but that's just my opinion some other drummers out there may think this is great for the track! the rest of the song though is great I have nothing bad to say about the rest! you have great riffs and lead parts to suit. Great work! Please C4C my track here dude https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679688
Quote by heaven086
this song feels dark with a hint of lightness! I will be honest I don't like the drums in this track I feel they are a little too busy for this, I personally think they could be cleaner to keep the progression flowing smooth as they break down and fill too much with the toms/snare, but that's just my opinion some other drummers out there may think this is great for the track! the rest of the song though is great I have nothing bad to say about the rest! you have great riffs and lead parts to suit. Great work! Please C4C my track here dude https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679688

Hmm you may have a point, I did try to keep them minimal, but it looks like it wasnt minimal enough, due to the feedback I'm getting hahaha.

Thanks man, will do now!
Hey man thanks so much for checking out my track and sharing this post with me.

Cloudeater is a superb, ambient track. I like your choice of instrument timbres. I think they work together very well and really solidify this track. This is arranged very well. There is reiteration of the melody throughout the track, but it still maintains a dynamic feel. I felt like this track could go on for much longer and I'd enjoy it just the same. As for the mix, I felt like the drums were drowned out a bit by the other instruments at certain sections.

Here are some of the moments in this track which caught my attention:

0:00 - 0:45 Lovely intro, the piano, choral, and string synth voices interact very well.
1:00 This section made me feel like I'm outside in a field somewhere far away.
1:15 The addition of the leads here is very fitting
2:00 Drums sound a bit low here and over-powered by the synth

Overall, this was a pleasure to hear. Your note choice and phrasing is very expressive.

Cheers man!
Last edited by silvadolla at Jun 21, 2015,
Enjoyed this track overall, to me it's very melodically driven all the way through with a very hummable melody being reinforced from everything to the synth to the rhythm guitar, and lead. 1:00 to 1:17 was just awesome that sound could of went on for like another couple of bars I felt like a hobbit picking cabbage from the garden with a double rainbow in the background of the shire i live in. Now At 1:18 when the lead guitar comes I would of liked to hear a fuller more commanding of a tone coming from it, and again at 2:40 the lead guitar coming in to reinforce that melody I wanted it to be fuller but not louder because your synthesizer is just so hearty through the song.

C4C? here is my thread check it out https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679534
Last edited by Fourfourforever at Jun 21, 2015,