How come I cant find any info/reviews/videos/comments on the Seymour Duncan LiveWire Classic II pickups???? I am thinking about getting them because they are the exact dimensions of the pups in my guitar now and i dont want to have to fill/router any of my guitar to make other pups fit. Does anyone here have these in their guitars?
A quick google says the Classic II is just a humbucker. If you have humbuckers in your guitar now literally any humbucker will fit in the same space. You don't need to limit yourself to those if you're only settling because you think nothing else will fit.

I'm not sure what they sound like, but the Seymour Duncan website makes me think they just sound like a hot-rodded/medium-high output pickup with a bit more clarity. Like some kind of supercharged JB or something.
They must have just come out recently, I've never heard of them.

The dimension thing confuses me - you know that humbuckers are all a standard size, right? If those pickups fit your guitar, you could choose from thousands of other pickups, they're all the same size. No need to lock yourself in to that set just because you need those dimensions.
beware they are not all the same size manufacturers have a tolerance spec that is usually like +- 5 millimeters or whatever they think the can keep their tooling at. you have to take in effect how old the body is wood expands and contracts with climate changes but 5 mills to big on the pickup you have a problem if you dont want to route but 5 mills too small you wont notice a gap between the wood and the pickup housing especially if your cavity is black or the color of the body real easy to spray black in that hole. why do you want to buy a name the pickup is a humbucker all pickups use the available magnets since the start of electric guitar nothing special just the way the magnet wire is winded a higher resistance on on the pup you will get louder clearer bright mids and high and lose a little bottom crunch. Do not buy a pickup just just because they will fit.
it really depends on what you are shooting for you can take the pup that is in it and have it rewound to a resistance that sounds good to you also
There are very very few guitars that are routed so tight that you'd have an issue with manufacturing tolerances.

Impossible to re-wind those pickups anyway, they're potted with epoxy. And no, not all pickups use the same magnets. Lots of differences in pickups besides the amount of windings.
he doesnt say what pickups he has and it is wax paraffin and bees wax they are only epoxied if they have a preamp wired in them and it is not they are routed tight wood contracts over the years and sometimes just days. most pup makers put alnico 5 or 8 they have become the standard they have tried different ways but not enough change in tone to be price effective. I wind all my pickups hot hold off on the potting and get the tone i like then take some wire off because you cant add to it.
do some fact checking before you think you know something.
he doesnt say what pickups he has and it is wax paraffin and bees wax they are only epoxied if they have a preamp wired in them and it is not they are routed tight wood contracts over the years and sometimes just days. most pup makers put alnico 5 or 8 they have become the standard they have tried different ways but not enough change in tone to be price effective. I wind all my pickups hot hold off on the potting and get the tone i like then take some wire off because you cant add to it. and if you are looking for that vintage sound you need to hand spool them not with a winder
and another thing to consider if you are switching to an active when they are passive now your guitar could become to loud.
also if it is not active pup setup now will you want to route for the battery compartment or do you have room under your cover plate if you are willing to remove that many screws just to change battery
Wow, calm down there. Click the "edit" button instead of posting four times in a row.

I have. Could you use some punctuation occasionally, or not be an ass when someone disagrees with you?
Quote by milhouse666
he doesnt say what pickups he has and it is wax paraffin and bees wax they are only epoxied if they have a preamp wired in them and it is not they are routed tight wood contracts over the years and sometimes just days. most pup makers put alnico 5 or 8 they have become the standard they have tried different ways but not enough change in tone to be price effective. I wind all my pickups hot hold off on the potting and get the tone i like then take some wire off because you cant add to it.

The pickups he linked are epoxied.
I understand wood expands and contracts. I have yet to see a cavity that has contracted so much that it won't fit a pickup it was originally routed for. Maybe it will squeeze in, maybe a tight fit, sure, but I've never seen a cavity shrink so bad you had to route for the same pickup size. Maybe it happens but I haven't seen it. Obviously the tight routing matters because then there's less room for the wood to contract before there is a problem. Perhaps you're not thinking about this very hard though, are you upset?

Alnico 8 is not "standard," 2 is probably more common, ceramic is definitely more common, 3 is often used for certain types of pickup, and increasingly some of the other Alnico blends and exotics like Neodymium.
this is what i do for a living the repost thing it their server it said it timed out. i have been cutting guitars for over 20 years then moved on to also makeing my own pickups and not for those cheap kits i started from nothing put the pole and mangents where i wanted them then i made a cast to make the epoxy cover. to do that i spent a lot of time studying electromagnetism .
when you buy a pickup with preamp epoxied to the pup you a limited to the sound they want to hear. there are way better commercial active pups that have to choice of the two the other it usually at least EQ switchable
i just did a slit p and a jazz pick up on a bass and i had to route both of theirs cavities a little larger. if he has a newer bass they are not made by hand anymore cnc's arent that perfect i am just putting options in peoples head and not telling them this is what you have to do. emulating somebody else sound could take years for you to do but having your own sound is the best having music theory major really helps understand why this instrument sounds like it does.
this is real pro advice from a real pro i am just bored from having back surgery. I cant believe how much disinformation is out there it is only hurting the player from evolving as any kind of musician.
i am a musician not a secretory and not an English major so dont care about punctuation unless i am waiting on somebody.
if you even read his post his is looking at those pups because he thinks they will fit we do not know what pickup he has in the guitar now. listen to people sit and read re read before looking back at my typing i see what you mean about stopping a sentence. unlike music that never stops flowing