Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Pointless.

Unless they were personally accountable for an action that would somehow condemn an entire ethnicity (if that were possible), then this is self-serving sado-masochism at its finest, an example of re-appropriated slave morality.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
bout time
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Pointless.

Unless they were personally accountable for an action that would somehow condemn an entire ethnicity (if that were possible), then this is self-serving sado-masochism at its finest, an example of re-appropriated slave morality.

yup
I'm sooooooo soorry people 200 years ago with the same skin color as me had slavess ((((((
Quote by EpiExplorer
Pointless.

You mean there was no point me going to apologise to the whales because my great great uncle John sailed on a whaling ship?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EpiExplorer
Pointless.

this.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I have no white guilt because I am not responsible for the actions of my ancestors.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
They should've perfected it by using the Canadian "sore-ry" on their shirts.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
"I'm sorry my ancestors enslaved yours. As proof, I'm going to willingly put on this yoke and these chains for a whole day to let you know how much I empathise with you. Am I not a benevolent and sympathetic white?"
🙈 🙉 🙊
They SHOULD be sorry, for such an abysmally ineffective yoke.
My God, it's full of stars!
If you think about it, white-guilt is actually racism against black people. I swear, liberals are the most ignorant people sometimes

Quote by Dreadnought
They SHOULD be sorry, for such an abysmally ineffective yoke.

true. I doubt they can even shrug 45lb'ers
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 17, 2015,
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I just REALLY wish I could see the black guy behind them.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I just REALLY wish I could see the black guy behind them.

good call i didn't even notice that
Your name is TOBEH!!

"No! It's Joe Schmoe!!! "

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm not sorry I'm white and I'm not sorry I'm male either

Anyway, white guilt is another example of pathetic politically correct bullshit
If you feel that guilty, go to prison.

Or become a slave for real to show how worthless you truly are.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I'm not sorry I'm white and I'm not sorry I'm male either

Anyway, white guilt is another example of pathetic politically correct bullshit
If you feel that guilty, go to prison.

Or become a slave for real to show how worthless you truly are.
Honestly it's not really, as 'political correctness' is just a social tool people use so that they can say [insert prejudiced thing here] without as much (or any) negative response. What many followers of power dynamic theory and racial inequality posit is that white people do still benefit from slavery, as it is almost impossible not to when the country one is in benefited massively from it, taking immense amounts of labour and causing great suffering at no gain of the slaves (obviously). Therefore, this financial imbalance is still present, but furthermore the social attitudes and prejudices are still present in the form of - when not literally being a 20y/o shooting up a church with a significant history to do with those politics - microaggressions, where they lay a subtle foundation for the larger more overt prejudice that is laid towards social groups. Because this social prejudice exists, those who are excluded from it (white people) thus benefit from it to some degree, being considered 'better' in various ways and not having immediate judgements placed upon them.

For this reason, things like affirmative action took place, against which some egalitarians (and a lot of republicans) fought, saying it was 'reverse racism' (which for one, acknowledges that racism comes from white people in this context, and TWO) but this failed to account for the already great social gap. To quote Some Dude on the interwebs; "An “egalitarian” is someone who, realizing that a scale is imbalanced because there are six pounds on one side and twelve on the other, seeks to correct the imbalance by adding six pounds to both sides."

Because meritocracy is allegedly the name of the game in neoliberal society, certain groups decided that they were sorry for being white rather than acknowledging that perhaps there is still a piece of string in the maze which connects them to this social benefit - that they do not think that the racial prejudices present in society are not greatly influenced by slavery, and that they do not benefit from the white supremacy rampant in western countries. It is, essentially, a derailing tactic, and one that's pretty ignorant of a huge amount of history.

Political correctness is essentially what happens when cultural marxism is treated as inherently totalitarian and not based around, say, educating people to not be racist. What results is this odd system fed by both the left and right wings of politics where it simply functions as a dampener for prejudiced language. It's essentially authoritarian cultural marxism (and authoritarian communism is always terrible, and not actually communism) that's backfired and is used as a derailer and social cushion that is both beneficial and dangerous depending upon how you view it. Of course, I am here asserting that white supremacy is still present in Western society, in this case in the UK and USA, but if someone wants to deny that they'll have to pay me £20 per post on the matter.

The problem is that people don't interrogate their own beliefs enough to actually see the pros and cons of PC. When that happens, it almost becomes an intellectual stunting of belief as we teach those younger than us these things, and they often follow them without great scrutiny, thus potentially promoting a more authoritarian, conformist ideology not rooted in theory and praxis

tl;dr PC = social cushion that lets you be subtly prejudiced, but does also ease overt social prejudice and in the long run may help ease inequality so long as we don't go the way of the fascists again.
Stewart Lee does an interesting routine on this, if you're interested in a more 'balls out' approach to it all, what he calls an 'institutionalised politeness'.whythefvckdidiwriteallofthis
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 18, 2015,