I recently damaged my Galaxy s5 glass and lcd to the point where the whole screen is black and touch no longer works. Other than that, the phone still works fine and i can use the finger print to unlock it.

All that i really need to do is get the memos that i created within the stock samsung memo app off of the phone. I tried plugging my phone into my computer.. I can find my photos, but the memos are nowhere to be seen. Any suggestions? Bear in mind, i cannot use touch screen at all. And I dont think memos are backed up on the sd card.

Thanks!
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
I came up with a solution to this issue. It takes some time, effort, and a bit of money. It also takes time to explain clearly, so I'll wait until I know you're willing to spend these things to retrieve your data.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I came up with a solution to this issue. It takes some time, effort, and a bit of money. It also takes time to explain clearly, so I'll wait until I know you're willing to spend these things to retrieve your data.

I suspect this would solve the problem...

http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/how-to-replace-cracked-samsung-galaxy-s5-screen/
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

It isn't what I was thinking, but that'll take a significant amount more money than I had in mind. He'll need a digitizer, also, which isn't cheap. What I'm thinking is less risky.

I tried this self-repair thingy once, and it was a disaster. I should have known better because I'm terrible at DIY.
Free Ali
Things you'll need:
  • A few hours of free time
  • (1) micro USB to HDMI adapter (such as this)
  • (1) HDMI Cable
  • (1) USB mouse
  • (1) USB keyboard
  • (1) micro USB to USB adapter (such as this)

Keep in mind that the examples I gave you are a bit more expensive than they have to be. Any similar item will probably do the same job. It'll also help if you have one of those wireless keyboard/mouse combos to do this job. If not, it's still doable but it'll take some time.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
It isn't what I was thinking, but that'll take a significant amount more money than I had in mind. He'll need a digitizer, also, which isn't cheap. What I'm thinking is less risky.

I tried this self-repair thingy once, and it was a disaster. I should have known better because I'm terrible at DIY.

A casual search shows an S5 screen repair including digitizer replacement goes for about $150 around here, which seems reasonable.

How much would your idea run? EDIT: Saw above, I see where you're going.

Quote by The_Blode
A pretty cool thread here explains how you can remote control the screen from a Windows computer in order for you to get access to your phone. I would give this a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786395

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 18, 2015,
Quote by The_Blode
A pretty cool thread here explains how you can remote control the screen from a Windows computer in order for you to get access to your phone. I would give this a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786395

I tried this, but ADB wouldn't enable debugging until I confirmed it using my phone, and since I couldn't use my phone, it wouldn't work. It'll definitely help if you've got debugging enabled, but I always figure anyone who has debugging enabled prepares for emergencies like this and would have already known what to do.
Free Ali
Quote by Arby911
A casual search shows an S5 screen repair including digitizer replacement goes for about $150 around here, which seems reasonable.

How much would your idea run? EDIT: Saw above, I see where you're going.

I dont want to buy the replacement lcd screen digitizer and install it. Pain in the ass. Ill prob ake it worse I have all those items mentioned above, except the micro sd to hdmi. Either that, or remote contol via windows would be great. Keep sending me info, this is great
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jun 18, 2015,
If the memos are saved on your phone and you can access your folders on PC you should be able to find them. Check all of the folders in your phone including one for apps and the downloads one.

Aside from that I guess you can do the other shit suggested.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Isn't that bannable or the fact that the Pit is dying basically made everything cool again?

superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by VillainousLatin
Isn't that bannable or the fact that the Pit is dying basically made everything cool again?

Yes
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Watterboy
I dont want to buy the replacement lcd screen digitizer and install it. Pain in the ass. Ill prob ake it worse I have all those items mentioned above, except the micro sd to hdmi. Either that, or remote contol via windows would be great. Keep sending me info, this is great

It's a micro USB to HDMI. I wouldn't want you to buy the wrong thing.

Anyway, it's a load of effort, but it worked for me. Basically, what you'll be doing is using the mouse and keyboard to navigate through your phone. You'll be looking at your phone through your television. The caveat is that you can't do both at the same time, so you'll need to turn off your phone's auto-screen-locking and you'll have to do a lot of plugging and unplugging of cables switching from navigating through your phone.

I found the thread I made about this on the Android forums. It'll save me the time of having to explain it again.
Free Ali
Wait!? The pit's dying?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by chrismendiola
It's a micro USB to HDMI. I wouldn't want you to buy the wrong thing.

Anyway, it's a load of effort, but it worked for me. Basically, what you'll be doing is using the mouse and keyboard to navigate through your phone. You'll be looking at your phone through your television. The caveat is that you can't do both at the same time, so you'll need to turn off your phone's auto-screen-locking and you'll have to do a lot of plugging and unplugging of cables switching from navigating through your phone.

I found the thread I made about this on the Android forums. It'll save me the time of having to explain it again.

This sounds perfect for me- ill try this later on if i can find all the adapters at the store
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69