Page 1 of 2
Seems like most of us don't worry much about the info being collected by others, I really don't think it's a big deal, but eventually...will it be?

So someone knows my habits, location, voice sample, photo, fingerprint, possibly iris scan, interests, opinions, birthdate...ummm probably some stuff I forgot. I don't worry about it...what can they do?

Target ads is what they say, I'm ok with that as i use adblock.

Any concerns at all?
My name is Joshua Garcia.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
If I cared about privacy I probably wouldn't use the internet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I traded my privacy for something they call security. Pretty sweet deal IMO.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
I don't think that's any of your business!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
google literally knows everything, so there's no way to avoid it.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Who wants to know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
In practice I have nothing anyone would want to know about, but I'm mildly disgruntled by the idea of people being able to find out stuff about me on principle because anything anyone could learn about me would be embarrassing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Read 1984

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If I cared about privacy I probably wouldn't use the internet.
That's just defeatist.

As for the "if you've got nothing to hide..." chestnut, well why do you have curtains at home?
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
it's been this way since the internet was invented. Why would I start caring now?

Quote by The Judist

As for the "if you've got nothing to hide..." chestnut, well why do you have curtains at home?

Because they help keep the heat out.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jun 18, 2015,
If I cared about my online privacy, why would I put my username on all of my dick pics?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Edward Snowden brought up a good point on this:

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

With that said, I still don't care.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The_Blode
Username: K33nBl4d3
Favorite Music: Rock
Favorite Artist: Iron Maiden
Favorite Song: Holy Diver
Sex: M
About Me: Unspecified
Favourite Game: Sims

Is this you?

The fact that I had the same username on pretty much every site as a tween (and continue to use it to avoid having to think of a unique one to this day...) definitely doesn't help Looks like I have stuff to delete...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jun 18, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

Said the heroic freedom fighter from Putin's Russia.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by The_Blode
FYI...do you use Hotmail? If so, your email address is PUBLIC.

It's understandable.

As far as I know or can tell, none of the emails I actually use are, but thanks for your concern
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by The Judist
Read 1984

That's just defeatist.

I don't.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This is why it is a problem:

Let's take some example just to illustrate the point. Let's say some Martin Luther king sort of character was helping to change people to think in a positive way which went against the ideals of the government. It is a good thing for the people, but not for the profit and power of those with the profit and power.

So, those with the power, would be able to go to people and say "Top secret terrorist investigation, give me all your records." Then, they use that to hire a hitman to take out the Martin Luther king character, and call him crazy, have him die in custody, or something like that.

The internet, if left anonymous, can allow for such movements to be led anonymously, which would prevent those sorts of things. Most people, historically, that have led movements for positive things have indeed wound up assassinated.

Now, you could say that your government would not do that, and you might be right. But the fundamental principle of capitalism is that which is profitable, occurs, with a price set by supply and demand. So, since it is an incredibly profitable power, then it will eventually get exploited by some government at some time.

Is it freedom of speech, if everyone is watching who is saying what?

In the roman era, voting was originally done with raising of hands. They had to make it anonymous because people that didn't vote how others wanted, kept winding up dead.

If you look at history, it is easy to see why. That is why our privacy is important, and why there are laws and amendments that protect it. It is a requirement for citizens to be truly free from the state.
Everyone knows my name is Lyle so I guess not

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by fingrpikingood

Let's take some example just to illustrate the point. Let's say some Martin Luther king sort of character was helping to change people to think in a positive way which went against the ideals of the government. It is a good thing for the people, but not for the profit and power of those with the profit and power.

So, those with the power, would be able to go to people and say "Top secret terrorist investigation, give me all your records." Then, they use that to hire a hitman to take out the Martin Luther king character, and call him crazy, have him die in custody, or something like that.

The internet, if left anonymous, can allow for such movements to be led anonymously, which would prevent those sorts of things. Most people, historically, that have led movements for positive things have indeed wound up assassinated.

Now, you could say that your government would not do that, and you might be right. But the fundamental principle of capitalism is that which is profitable, occurs, with a price set by supply and demand. So, since it is an incredibly profitable power, then it will eventually get exploited by some government at some time.

In the roman era, voting was originally done with raising of hands. They had to make it anonymous because people that didn't vote how others wanted, kept winding up dead.

If you look at history, it is easy to see why. That is why our privacy is important, and why there are laws and amendments that protect it. It is a requirement for citizens to be truly free from the state.

Alternatively, the movements could be controlled by the Reptilianati via chemtrails, and they would keep from us the secret of a jet fuel that can melt steel.

And because it's anonymous, we would never know it was Queen Betsy The Second, or Old Man Withers, the owner of the haunted amusement arcade!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jun 18, 2015,
Quote by fingrpikingood

When people talk like this it makes me care less about privacy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
When people talk like this it makes me care less about privacy.

Then you must know little about history.

There are greedy power hungry people in the world, and they will do whatever they at the expense of any other to satisfy that.

There are nations with dictators, and pretend democracy. And men in power make laws to make that easier.

The people in those nations are people like you and me. No different. Not more stupid. Some people live in countries where it is so bad they riot in the streets.

And you are indifferent as to laws and regulations that will make it easier or more difficult for those greedy and power hungry men to exploit citizens.

You are free to believe as you wish, butbut imo, you deserve to be led by a self service dictator.

But I think you might start to care, once it got way beyond your control. You can see how much some people care in some countries where the corruption is flagrant.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Jun 18, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Everyone knows my name is Lyle so I guess not

yeah it was surprisngly easy to find you for the first time on Facebook despite only knowing your first name

Protip: you shouldn't put your full info on askfm if youre going to use the same username that you use on here
Quote by fingrpikingood
Then you must know little about history.

In the entire history of the world privacy has never existed. Why should things suddenly change now?
Quote by Wormholes
In the entire history of the world privacy has never existed. Why should things suddenly change now?

It's a new technology that is being used to play a game that existed forever. Obviously I am not saying that internet privacy has been a problem since the dawn of recorded history.

But I did provide an example of the importance of privacy on voting in the Senate in the early Roman empire.

When u know your history you know what sort of men exist, and what they are capable of, and how often they do t really give a shit about your average Joe.
Quote by Wormholes

because illuminati maaaaaaaaaan
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by GuitarGod_92
yeah it was surprisngly easy to find you for the first time on Facebook despite only knowing your first name

Protip: you shouldn't put your full info on askfm if youre going to use the same username that you use on here

The NSA doesn't care about that. Obviously for your own protection from other citizens it is good advice, but the NSA links all your accounts based on information from your ip, your service provider, your bank account, your E-mail and phone number. It's not basic like a guy googling you. It is advanced algorithms and hardware infrastructure that can trace you and build a profile, even if you are careful, unless you go real paranoid and encrypt everything.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Jun 18, 2015,
I should care more than I do.
I feel like making a lot of effort to preserve your anonimity only makes other people suspicious of your actions, even if you aren't doing anything. Your ISP can see that you're using Tor, they assume you're hiding something.
Quote by sashki
I should care more than I do.
I feel like making a lot of effort to preserve your anonimity only makes other people suspicious of your actions, even if you aren't doing anything. Your ISP can see that you're using Tor, they assume you're hiding something.

I wouldn't care if others are suspicious. Also, Tor is way too frustrating to use. I guess I'd trade Internet speed for privacy.

I'm pretty uptight about my privacy. I guess I just figure nobody's interested enough to invade my privacy online.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Xiaoxi

But if you don't have anything to say, why would you care about freedom of speech?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by fingrpikingood
The NSA doesn't care about that. Obviously for your own protection from other citizens it is good advice, but the NSA links all your accounts based on information from your ip, your service provider, your bank account, your E-mail and phone number. It's not basic like a guy googling you. It is advanced algorithms and hardware infrastructure that can trace you and build a profile, even if you are careful, unless you go real paranoid and encrypt everything.

what are you even talking about
Well, it's worrying only in the sense that someone could probably collect enough data in order to create fake social media profiles and make use of publicly available photos to potentially ruin someone's reputation.

Full names, phone numbers, addresses and family names are the main things I make an effort to protect.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Page 1 of 2