Trying to get really big throaty sounds out of my ac30. Maybe tighten up the bass end a bit. I've been using a EHX soul food with my amp. But our other guitarist used it with his bad cat cougar 50 head the other day, and it literally sounded just like a soldano. So I sold mine to him on the spot haha. I'm considering either the Monarch or catalinbread dirty little secret. Any ideas? I play rhythm for letterswv.bandcamp.com and want something with chunk and aggression. Using an agile al 3100 with a super distortion in the bridge.
Buy a JCM800.

But seriously, "big, throaty" are not words I'd use to describe the AC30. What don't you like about your tone now?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'd call the AC30 big and throaty but only when it's really loud, and there's no pedal that does that properly yet.

The Monarch will not tighten up the bass, totally the opposite. Try the White Light if you want a bit more control over tightness of the bass. Dirty Little Secret could work, but again I think you're going to have issues if you can't really crank the thing.

The pickup may not help either. Too much input volume on these amps can make them sad. Not always, but worth a look if you can try a different guitar with cooler pickups.
Well first off I LOVE my tone now, that's the hard part. I've had a couple offers to trade for a jcm800 but I love the cleans of this amp. I play in a couple other bands too. One is like a sparkly math rock band so it's perfect for that. I really want this to be the amp that does everything. I normally have the master about halfway up it's pretty loud at that point. running the top boost channel on the high input with the volume about halfway there as well.

I love the chimey sound. Strummed chords sound perfect. So do my leads. But on the really tight chug parts it's just hard to get the aggression and punch out of this amp.

What pickup would you suggest? I'm not extremely stoked on my current choice either. I was looking at a set of alumitones or perhaps a tone zone. I also have always loved a JB but wouldn't a lower gain pickup get me further away from that punch in the face I'm looking for?

I also have a peavey windsor head. But that thing has always sounded like S*** to me.
Have you considered a fuzz?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Every fuzz I've used has sucked all of the attack and thump out of my tone. Is there something I'm missing?
What fuzzes have you used?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've used the fuzz face, big muff, Fuzz Factory, Blue Box, and the hoof reaper. What one would you suggest?
I would suggest a Hoof or a Blackout Effectors Musket. The Musket is just a LPB-1 and Russian Muff in a box with better control over the tone stack. It may not fix your problem, but a nice fuzz regardless. Honestly, you may want to think about an attenuator to really open up the amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals