Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Because it's illegal to smoke indoors in so many places, they're going to collaborate on a guitar with a built-in eCigarette.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Now you'll be able to order original Tobacco Burst or new Simulated Tobacco Vapor finishes.
So does that mean next time I buy a Suhr I get free refills?

Sweeet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm waiting for suhr branded e-cigs.
Quote by Roc8995
Now you'll be able to order original Tobacco Burst or new Simulated Tobacco Vapor finishes.
Also this
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
John and Steve have decide to cash out.

They'll hang around, but I think the vision and inspiration have left the building.
Quote by dspellman
They'll hang around, but I think the vision and inspiration have left the building.

Yeah, they’ll never find anybody else who can make nice Fender copies.
"Man, that is one smokin' guitar you got there, dude!"

"Not really- it's vaping."
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by jpnyc

Suhr are deff not Fender copies. Fender roots for sure, but they are nothing like a Fender other than a similar body shape.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by jpnyc

Suhr has done so much more than the Fender clones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by dannyalcatraz
"Man, that is one smokin' guitar you got there, dude!"

"Not really- it's vaping."

New knockoffs will be built in Vay Ping.
Quote by mmolteratx
Suhr has done so much more than the Fender clones.

The current Suhr lineup includes three Strat copies, a Tele copy, and a P/J Bass copy. The one other model is a slightly offset RG copy, which still isn’t far from being a Fender copy. I’m know that they’re all excellent guitars, and the only way to get a comparable Fender is to order a custom build and send it to a PLEK shop, but they’re still Fender copies.
i really have to say, i don't like the whole e-cig thing. i smoked for a long while and quit a few years ago. honestly i would prefer to breath in second hand smoke from a cigarette than a vap-thing. i know what cigarettes do to my lungs, and people have known what tobacco does for decades. i am not sure what all is known about vaping in the long term. /rant YMMV.

now regarding suhr, it is concerning to me. rarely do i find small good companies doing amazing after they have cashed out. money is money, and what can i say, i like it too. but i still consider them sellouts. again. YMMV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jpnyc
The current Suhr lineup includes three Strat copies, a Tele copy, and a P/J Bass copy. The one other model is a slightly offset RG copy, which still isn’t far from being a Fender copy. I’m know that they’re all excellent guitars, and the only way to get a comparable Fender is to order a custom build and send it to a PLEK shop, but they’re still Fender copies.

I don't know how you could play any number of Suhr models and call them all Fender copies. The Classic S and T are close but not copies (but I could concede a wide definition there). The TS isn't a copy, the Standard is definitely not, and if you want to call the Modern an RG copy then I'd like to see the RGs you've been playing. There are plenty more variants you didn't mention that are even farther afield but we'll leave those for now.

Calling an RG "close to a Fender copy" makes no sense to me. If that's your definition, it's too broad. Are you just looking at the body shape? You could call almost any electric guitar in production a strat copy if that's your definition.

They share some DNA, to be sure, but Fender copies? That's a tough sell and I'm not buying.
Quote by jpnyc

The original Pensa-Suhrs were hot-rodded Fenders, but the current crop of guitars really only have a few visual cues to connect them with anything Fender.

It's a bit like saying that a NASCAR racer is a "chivvie." They may have vinyl wraps that have Chevrolet styling cues printed on them, but that's as close as they come.

If you ever get to SoCal and don't have time to visit the Fender and Suhr factories there, it's worth dropping in to Wild West guitars in Riverside.

WW is sort of the Anit-GC. They're located in a light industrial complex, the door is locked, there's NO window space and only a very small sign that says Wild West. When you walk in, it's *quiet* -- they don't have two or three sources of rock music blasting away, they don't have two or three people playing their versions of Eruption into cheap amps. You get to walk from room to room of rack upon rack of high end guitars (rather than being ushered to a wall of $149 specials with brand names you've never heard of), most of them bolt necks. They DO have a few Gibsons, but those are largely trade-ins.

You don't find a Suhr in a GC. Here you find rows of them. You won't find many Fender Masterbilts in a GC., but you'll have a wide selection here. And it's there that you really get a chance to appreciate how different the Suhrs and Fenders really are. It's a lot different from squinting at a 2x4" photo on a computer monitor, or listening to a tinny YouTube through four buck ear buds.

In Hand, these are very different guitars.
Quote by Roc8995

Thread should have ended here!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Roc8995

well played
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?