Hey dudes, I was able to get my lead tone smoother and not as harsh, just tweaked for a few hours and a new preamp tube . anyway, Im gonna get some pedals and the VHT doesnt have an effects loop, so how big of a no no is running a delay and some reverb in front? I dont use a lot of gain but Its a bit more than a crunch, Im still a noob here, so sorry if Im asking really dumb questions
Which VHT amp is this?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Delay will be fine

Reverb... Trickier...

You will really want to be able to test them with your amp before purchasing. It can be done but a lot of them don't work brilliantly out in front.

EDIT: any decent reverb pedal will sound like a reverb out in front however, there are some that will work better, and if you're going to invest, might as well be one that does it the best
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Jun 18, 2015,
Quote by LaidBack
Which VHT amp is this?

Deliverance 60W
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
Delay will be fine

Reverb... Trickier...

You will really want to be able to test them with your amp before purchasing. It can be done but a lot of them don't work brilliantly out in front.

EDIT: any decent reverb pedal will sound like a reverb out in front however, there are some that will work better, and if you're going to invest, might as well be one that does it the best

Good to know, ill check around online and try to test some out.
If reverb up front is too muddy, find a verb pedal with a wet/dry knob, that will help you get a clearer balance on the way in that sit a lot better in front of the amp. The Holy Grail+ does this, I used one in front of my old Orange head all the time before switching to a Fender.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I wouldn't bother to be honest, in my experience delay and reverb both sound horrible infront of an overdriven amp
It's fine.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
before fx loops were invented guitar players had to put all their fx up front. delay will be fine. as metnioned reverb can be a bit trickier to get the most out of. my amps have reverb built in so can't advise you on that as well as others here.
Quote by monwobobbo
before fx loops were invented guitar players had to put all their fx up front. delay will be fine. as metnioned reverb can be a bit trickier to get the most out of. my amps have reverb built in so can't advise you on that as well as others here.

I know evh put his stuff up front, but Im using a bit more gain than that, so I didnt know if I could still pull it off, but I think I have a pretty good idea, thanks everybody!
Quote by PancakesGO!!!!
I know evh put his stuff up front, but Im using a bit more gain than that, so I didnt know if I could still pull it off, but I think I have a pretty good idea, thanks everybody!

i tend to run my delay in front and have no issues.
glad that the amp is still working good for you.

i haven't ever been happy with a reverb out front. as others have said delay is more workable. i find myself more biased towards digital reverb if out front of the amp.

i don't like either, but i do have a few amps that i just have to deal with.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
glad that the amp is still working good for you.

i haven't ever been happy with a reverb out front. as others have said delay is more workable. i find myself more biased towards digital reverb if out front of the amp.

i don't like either, but i do have a few amps that i just have to deal with.

The more I mess with the amp the more I like it, just like what everybody said