I recently bought some Seymor Duncan hotrails for my retrorocket (strat) and put some colbalt strings on my guitar. I went and picked up a tube amp after this and when I turn my amp up loud I get a high pitch squeal and it stops if I lightly touch the strings or switch my pickups to the neck single coils.
My practice room is in my basement which is has a concrete floor and sheet-rock. I was wondering if I could adjust my pickup height and maybe get rid of some of it? It goes away when I play or disconnect my guitar from the amp. I don't know if it is just the amp vibrating my strings or actually vibrating my pickups. Maybe, I should switch back to regular strings? Instead of the cobalt which have higher magnetism. I have my pickups adjusted pretty close. Anyone else have this issue?
It's simply Feedback, a normal phenomenon.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
So your saying just keep playing? ha. It can get pretty nails on a chalkboard.
Noise gate. Turn down your amp. Move to a different place in the room.

No one size fits all solutions.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 19, 2015,
Quote by tysona23
What exactly does a noise gate do?

Kills all signal when it's below a certain threshold, which doesn't allow feedback to get started. As soon as you start to play, the signal exceeds the threshold set and everything proceeds as normal.
Charles Darwin
if it's really high-pitched and really squeally it might be microphonic pickups rather than just feedback. though it's hard to be sure without being there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?