Currently, I use amplitube for everything but I miss being able to run actual pedals and the ease of use of pedals and whatnot.

I'd like to thoughts on amps or processors that are rack mountable (to save space). The laney IRT Studio is at the top of my list. Its a full tube amp which is what I want and is rack mountable. I want to be able to run it through a 112 or 212 when I want or just into my computer and monitors if I don't want a lot of volume.

I'd like to stay in the $600ish range given that i don't need anything crazy. Just for jamming and home stuff.

Anyone have thoughts on a comparison between the Laney, avid eleven rack (saw one used at my local guitar center for $200), and the line6 pod hd pro? Or anything else thats similar in that price range?
If you want something easy and cheap, get an amp head.

If you want something rack-mountable that gives you option, get a pre or two (mesa triaxis, engl e530/e580, peavey rockmaster...) and a power amp to use whenever you'll need to drive whatever cab or PA system (yamy p2500s, carvin TS100...).
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by andrerist
Currently, I use amplitube for everything but I miss being able to run actual pedals and the ease of use of pedals and whatnot.

I'd like to thoughts on amps or processors that are rack mountable (to save space). The laney IRT Studio is at the top of my list. Its a full tube amp which is what I want and is rack mountable. I want to be able to run it through a 112 or 212 when I want or just into my computer and monitors if I don't want a lot of volume.

I'd like to stay in the $600ish range given that i don't need anything crazy. Just for jamming and home stuff.

Anyone have thoughts on a comparison between the Laney, avid eleven rack (saw one used at my local guitar center for $200), and the line6 pod hd pro? Or anything else thats similar in that price range?

I would highly recommend the triaxis as I used one for a few months and it was fantastic, but seeing as thats out of your budget, id go with the laney, from what Ive seen/heard it seems that a good fit for you. For something with more options, the line 6 in my OP is better than the eleven rack, but if you wanna use pedals Id go with the laney, check out Jack Thammarat if you havent already, Im pretty sure he uses the laney, good luck!
I was about to say Ironheart Studio, but that's already at the top of your list
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by andrerist

The Laney is a basic tube amp (1 or 15W, internal load). End of story.

That's a WHOLE lot different from the 11R or the HD Pro, since both of those have a LOT more options with regard to amps/cabs/FX built in. OTOH, both require a power amp of some kind in order to power a speaker. OR you can use a powered speaker (better yet) when you need to make noise.
I don't know what genres you want to stick to but here are a few things worth looking into:

ENGL e530
Peavey Rockmaster
Two Notes Torpedo CAB/Live
POD HD 500/Studio
Sansamp PSA 1.1

The 11R isn't supported anymore so normally I would say get a POD HD instead, but at that price, it's a lot more tempting! I think the main decision you need to make is whether you need a myriad of guitar sounds and want a modeller or would rather have a preamp with either a power amp or a sim.

Personally, I am running my signal into a Two Notes Torpedo CAB that is hooked up to a pair of Paradigm A2 speakers, which also double as my computer speakers. Quite a controversial setup bit it works for me and means I can maintain bedroom levels, still have a tube preamp, and don't need a massive cab or head.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB