so as a few of you may know, my latest venture in amps has been a Mesa Nomad 100 with a closed back cab loaded with a EV12L (got a great deal on that...). no problems so far. I'm just curious to see if anyone knows how to get a hollow, clear, dark clean tone out of this amp as seen in Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky. it's really the hollowness of the bass notes I want so badly. I have a Squier Deluxe Strat with the Duncan designed pickups, a Westone Concord with a Dimarzio in the neck, and a Peavey Genny (Tele) with a stacked Dimarzio bucker in the neck. right now I'm trying to dial in that bassy sound with the neck pup. I'm running 100 watts, treble knob @ 3 o clock, mids at 9 o clock, and bass at 3 o clock, with presence at 2 o clock. 5 band eq has 80hz all the way up, 240Hz halfway up, 750Hz flat, 2200Hz slightly above flat, and 6600 halfway as well. I'm not using any effects to find this tone obviously, and I'm finding it surprisingly hard to dial in a good clean tone, especially since people say its cleans are on the same level as a twin.
acid eater, gear is at my instagram ( itakenickpics). mesas, strats, vintage jap guits.

play good shit on shitty gear, not shitty shit on good gear

check out jazz, acid, and post rock stuff soundcloud.com/s-w-y-c-h & swych.bandcamp.com
Use the tele's mid position, set everything flat, disengage the graphic EQ, set the lows to 4, the mids and the highs to 5, the presence to 4 or 5 (out of 10).

Go from there.
If you want to replicate a twin goodness don't get the graphic EQ involved.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
when I did that, I lost some definition, some sustain, and it felt a bit spongy.
acid eater, gear is at my instagram ( itakenickpics). mesas, strats, vintage jap guits.

check out jazz, acid, and post rock stuff soundcloud.com/s-w-y-c-h & swych.bandcamp.com
I think I got it. what I needed was to boost mids and boost other frequencies more on the 5 band. I'll happily take any more suggestions