I saved up about €800 to buy a new amp, but I really have no clue which one i want to buy, I would prefer a combo amp with enough watt for a large gig (like 50 watts). It has to have a very heavy distorted sound too. I only play hard rock with my band. I really like Limb Bizkit, the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Metallica, System of a Down, Muse, Korn,...
So... Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!
Look at a used Mesa. Like a Mark V. Or even the Mark V:25
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
You should be able to find a new Blackstar HT Metal amp in your price range. That should get the job done just fine. They make a 60 watt 2x12 that should be perfect.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
You should be able to find a new Blackstar HT Metal amp in your price range. That should get the job done just fine. They make a 60 watt 2x12 that should be perfect.

I don't think they're bad amps but prepare for the shitstorm.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
You can get a Bugera 333 Infinium XL for 550 bucks. It's a tube amp and you can use EL34's or 6L6's, the distortion is perfect. My lead channel is set on one for gain and it is monstrous sounding, same with my crunch channel. The cleans are smooth and it has built in reverb for separate channels and it also has a boost/FX loop. I mainly play thrash and groove metal but I've also played stuff like Kings Of Leon, Linkin Park, Down, Motionless In White, Band Of Horses, and tons more random genres. It's 120 watts and you can get a cab for $350 so it's right in your budget. No sense in spending all your money at once, either.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Look at a used Mesa. Like a Mark V. Or even the Mark V:25

he can't even look at a MK V for that price in europe. kinda doubt there are many used mini's over there yet either. good amps but probably out of his price range.

the Marshall wil be good but you may also want to look at Laney as well.
I'd suggest a Laney IRT with that price range. New or used. Would suggest a 60w head and a nice 2x12, the IRT cab speakers are okay.. but could be a lot better.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

jet city is probably worth a look in europe (thomann), they're hard to beat for the price, but they're always out of stock of the combos for some reason
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ScreaminString
I saved up about €800 to buy a new amp, but I really have no clue which one i want to buy, I would prefer a combo amp with enough watt for a large gig (like 50 watts). It has to have a very heavy distorted sound too. I only play hard rock with my band. I really like Limb Bizkit, the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Metallica, System of a Down, Muse, Korn,...
So... Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!

Used mesa boogie rectoverb combo, peavy 5150 combo, evh 5150 III combo. I dont know how hard it is to find mesas over there, but If you can find a rectoverb/tremoverb combo Id go for it. The Ironheart stuff from laney is good too.
Last edited by PancakesGO!!!! at Jun 20, 2015,
Any Mesa Rectifier combo you can find
Peavey JSX
Jet City JCA5012C
Peavey 6505+ 112 might do. Try it first.
Laney Ironheart of some sort might do. Try first.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Any Mesa Rectifier combo you can find
Peavey JSX
Jet City JCA5012C
Peavey 6505+ 112 might do. Try it first.
Laney Ironheart of some sort might do. Try first.

IMO this is the best advice here.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/