Hi everyone,

I was up late last night playing and came up with this sound. I used Rocksmith 2014 to provide it with a backing track.

Shroomite

Let me know what you think please. Thanks!
The sound, sounds cool. But I think at times the drum track is too quiet, and sometimes overbearing. I would suggest finding a point of return like a chorus, or something. It sounds like the name suggests, kinda trippy. Keep on keeping on
For one, everything is too quiet and the guitar should be louder being the fact this seems to be the main thing of the song. Add some highs on the drums, a little bit of mids on the bass, not too much. Honestly everything else sounds fine. I don't know what DAW you use but consider setting the volume to amber on the master volume, you should be set, I would hate to see this track at this volume because it sounds good.
Quote by pks330
The sound, sounds cool. But I think at times the drum track is too quiet, and sometimes overbearing. I would suggest finding a point of return like a chorus, or something. It sounds like the name suggests, kinda trippy. Keep on keeping on

Thanks for the feedback! I really like the out-of-this-world sound myself, but I was wondering how it comes across. I do appreciate that it might cross some borders for some.

Yeah, the backing track is very provional to say the least. I promise I will invest more time in it before the next recording session.
Last edited by Disidaus at Jun 21, 2015,
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
For one, everything is too quiet and the guitar should be louder being the fact this seems to be the main thing of the song. Add some highs on the drums, a little bit of mids on the bass, not too much. Honestly everything else sounds fine. I don't know what DAW you use but consider setting the volume to amber on the master volume, you should be set, I would hate to see this track at this volume because it sounds good.

Thanks for your reply DGTF! I have adjusted the master volume of the track, dunno what when wrong exactly. Other recordings appear to be fine... I use Audacity BTW.

I'll try your tips on the backing track, thanks!
Is the version that's up now the remastered one? Since it sounds fine, I can hear the bass and drums very well for the most parts.

As a composition, I think that it has a nice vibe. Kind of like blues that's stoned. Or as it's more commonly known, psychedelic rock as you stated
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Is the version that's up now the remastered one? Since it sounds fine, I can hear the bass and drums very well for the most parts.

Yep, the old one has been replaced by the remasted version.

Quote by Kevätuhri
As a composition, I think that it has a nice vibe. Kind of like blues that's stoned. Or as it's more commonly known, psychedelic rock as you stated

Thanks dude!