Track title: Dissolve
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-dissolve

Hey folks,

I've had a track on hold for a couple weeks because of life haha.

This one is called Dissolve. I'm not going to bother saying this is 'such-and-such' genre because I'm bad at that evidently . I'd appreciate it if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think about the instrumentation/mix/structure, etc.

C4C: Please leave a link to your forum post or track and I'll be sure to check it out!

Thanks so much guys!
Last edited by silvadolla at Jun 20, 2015,
really great melancholic type of tone and feel throughout the song I felt as though the lead guitar was a voice of despair and regret until about 50 seconds in your chord progression feels to be building up into a happier place. Then 1:29 hits and a wizard portal opens up to a place of nirvana and your lead guitar voice seems in contrast to the first half senselessly giddy with good vibes. Good playing I wouldn't change nothing it's what it's supposed to be good job.
One problem that I spy is the bass drum tone, it's so penetrating that it almost feels like a snare. Maybe take it easy with the highers mids and blend some low end back in?

Other than that the track is actually really nice, beautiful leads and some great chord choices. Reminds me at parts of some gothic metal stuff like Paradise Lost and Draconian. The track goes from heavy rhythm to breathtaking beauty very fluidly, I love the overall dynamics. It ended pretty abrubtly though. Anyway, it's a great track, I really enjoyed it Time to follow your soundcloud I'd say.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Hi mate, I like the progression of this track, its got a good thumping beat and you're obviously talented on your guitar with some great lead parts. I find it hard to follow at times though but I think that's just because its got no vocals so knowing what sections coming is a surprise. all in all mate I like it but would like to hear with vocals! please C4C my track here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679688
Last edited by heaven086 at Jun 21, 2015,
Loving the guitar tonality both of the rhythm section and the lead section. Love this sort of music.

Bass seems spot on as well.

The progression seems interesting as well. Lead break at 1:31 caught me off guard, but its pretty cool.

Love the outro, the tapping section was excellent and flowed into the outro beautifully.

Its a fluid track thats well produced, hard to find any faults with it to be honest. Keep up the good work man!

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679336
Hey guys, I really appreciate all of your feedback. I am constantly trying to refine my recordings/playing and explore all of your opinions and suggestions seriously.

Quote by Kevätuhri
One problem that I spy is the bass drum tone, it's so penetrating that it almost feels like a snare. Maybe take it easy with the highers mids and blend some low end back in?

I appreciate that you pointed that out. The kick does stand out quite a bit and isn't really appropriate for this style of music.

Quote by Skint Out

The progression seems interesting as well. Lead break at 1:31 caught me off guard, but its pretty cool.

I thought the transition here could use some work. I'm not always good at easing the change between sections, but it's an area where I am starting to focus on and improve.

Quote by Fourfourforever

really great melancholic type of tone and feel throughout the song I felt as though the lead guitar was a voice of despair and regret until about 50 seconds in your chord progression feels to be building up into a happier place. Then 1:29 hits and a wizard portal opens up to a place of nirvana and your lead guitar voice seems in contrast to the first half senselessly giddy with good vibes. Good playing I wouldn't change nothing it's what it's supposed to be good job.

I read this yesterday and "wizard portal" had me laughing hysterically . I do like to explore the spectrum a little bit even when the track is melancholic.
Last edited by silvadolla at Jun 21, 2015,