I'm looking to trade a 2013 Gibson Sg for an Ibanez Prestige RGT3020FM, the thing is I can't find much information on the Ibanez since its an older model, if anyone can provide any info I'd greatly apreciate it. I also want to know if this trade would be wise economically, I can't find any Ibanez for sale that is similar to the one I want to trade for so I'm unsure of its price. Thanks in advance!
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
I wouldn't. That's just me.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
I wouldn't. That's just me.

Why not?
They should be pretty similar value, I think. The RGT is worth about $700, mostly due to the rarity.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
depends on which SG we're talking about. the Pestige series ibanez's are pretty solid guitars all the way around so i kinda doubt you'd lose out on the deal.
Quote by Offworld92
They should be pretty similar value, I think. The RGT is worth about $700, mostly due to the rarity.

Really? The guy I'm negotiating with is advertising it for $1300
Quote by monwobobbo
depends on which SG we're talking about. the Pestige series ibanez's are pretty solid guitars all the way around so i kinda doubt you'd lose out on the deal.

Regular SG standard, bought new for $1300.
Quote by Cruel Angel
Why not?

I prefer Gibsons to Ibanezes in general
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Cruel Angel
I'm looking to trade a 2013 Gibson Sg for an Ibanez Prestige RGT3020FM,

You've always gotta ask yourself, "If I'm the other guy, why am I interested in doing this trade?"

And assume he didn't get a single digit score on his last IQ test.
Quote by Cruel Angel
I can't find much information on the Ibanez since its an older model, if anyone can provide any info I'd greatly apreciate it.

You're welcome

IF I were you, I would only do the trade if you prefer the Ibanez to your Gibson.
If it was just me, I wouldn't have a Gibson SG in the first place
Go and play it, no one should demand to do a trade without trying out.
My friend just got a guitar sent to him and he could try it out, before sending out his guitar he had up for a trade.
I know, I know.. sometimes you can't trust people, but well, I would never steal a guitar.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Cruel Angel
Really? The guy I'm negotiating with is advertising it for $1300

Well then at least we know he's a ****. It probably cost around that much new though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Sakke
You're welcome

IF I were you, I would only do the trade if you prefer the Ibanez to your Gibson.
If it was just me, I wouldn't have a Gibson SG in the first place
Go and play it, no one should demand to do a trade without trying out.
My friend just got a guitar sent to him and he could try it out, before sending out his guitar he had up for a trade.
I know, I know.. sometimes you can't trust people, but well, I would never steal a guitar.

Thanks a ton! I can't try the guitar out because the guy lives on the other side of the country
Quote by Cruel Angel
Thanks a ton! I can't try the guitar out because the guy lives on the other side of the country

doing a trade or a guitar that you can't play and check out just seems like a bad idea. not sure how you planned on doing the deal but there seems to be some trust involved and i dunno if it'd be that trusting.
Quote by monwobobbo
doing a trade or a guitar that you can't play and check out just seems like a bad idea. not sure how you planned on doing the deal but there seems to be some trust involved and i dunno if it'd be that trusting.

+1

Never trade if it's not in person.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the answer i always say to someone when they ask if they should do a trade...

if you have to ask others if you should do the trade then that means you dont really wanna trade and are looking for someone to talk you into the trade... if you really wanted to do the trade you would not have to ask anyone if you should....
Quote by m0nster212
the answer i always say to someone when they ask if they should do a trade...

if you have to ask others if you should do the trade then that means you dont really wanna trade and are looking for someone to talk you into the trade... if you really wanted to do the trade you would not have to ask anyone if you should....

Maybe he is trying to find out if he is really on the rough side of the deal? I'd say he is.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

i have three prestige (3550MZ 2570EVSL and a 1570) and two Gibson SG's (one VM and one white jazz (11/400), i like them all. totally different. different purposeds. different guitar is different. get what you like.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/