I've been searching and searching, with no luck.

I am trying to find a good USA made acoustic not made by Martin or Taylor for under $800.00

I have been looking at guild, but if I go guild I want an Adirondack top, which I can't find other than thousands. I was considering the D4 true American, but only as a last resort, not because it's bad, just because I want to see all my options.

Can anyone help me, please ? Preferred arch top, but A Martin CF is more than my wallet can open, so any acoustic works Ty
Because I have had guitars from all over the world, China, Japan, Indonesian, Korean, Malaysian, Madagascar, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Peru, India, and they are all nice. But USA is nice too. I want to get a quality instrument while supporting American craftsmanship. Not saying I wouldn't mind a nice Takamine, but for now I just want a few USA models. I have room for 2 acoustics, and 5 electrics.

The Electrics are easy to find, Ibanez USA, Gibson USA, Fender USA, Jackson USA, PRS USA

I've decided what I'll be buying though, so I think I don't need info anymore.

I'll be going with a Guild D4-NT, and a Gibson songwriter ec or Hummingbird.

Sorry for nonsense post, I'm just indecisive.
i don't think you're going to find a U.S. made guild at that price unless it's used or new/old stock. unless i'm missing something, and i'm running on no sleep, guild does not currently list a D4-NT, btw
http://guildguitars.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars/dreadnought/

i like the songwriter, but not as much as the J15 and the J45. none of them come in at under a grand, though.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Jun 22, 2015,
The guild Is a 90s true American from RI, I've seen them at about 700 in good shape. Yes the Gibson ones are a pretty penny, but it's a goal to save for
I'd get a Breedlove made in Oregon. For the money you'd get a damn good one too. They are very good sounding quality units using only Oregon wood from the area.
You aren't going to find a good USA made acoustic for that much unless you are willing to buy used.
Quote by jpjr50
I'd get a Breedlove made in Oregon. For the money you'd get a damn good one too. They are very good sounding quality units using only Oregon wood from the area.
$800.00 Breedloves are imports. I've heard Crafter of Korea named as their OEM.

As far as $800.00 for a US built acoustic goes TS, you have champagne taste on a beer budget.

If you decide to go electric, you might be able to score a Les Paul Junior.

There's always the used market. Be ready for the bills on repairs to start cutting into that money though.
Yeah dude, you're not getting a USA built guitar for that price. You mention that you don't want a Martin or Taylor, but that doesn't even really matter, at this point. The guitars they sell that cheap aren't made in the US, anyway.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by pks330
I've been searching and searching, with no luck.

I am trying to find a good USA made acoustic not made by Martin or Taylor for under $800.00

I have been looking at guild, but if I go guild I want an Adirondack top, which I can't find other than thousands. I was considering the D4 true American, but only as a last resort, not because it's bad, just because I want to see all my options.

Can anyone help me, please ? Preferred arch top, but A Martin CF is more than my wallet can open, so any acoustic works Ty

Hey pks, my first post here but I've posted a bit on other forums.

If you want USA built at that price search for a used Guild. Not a Guild GAD as they are imported. I have owned 9 Guilds overall, all US built from my '63 F20 built in Hoboken NJ to a 2000 Corona built F512. All of them have been outstanding guitars. Some cost more than your price limit but most of them came in at or under. My favourite has been an F47 mahogany, though the JF30 in maple is also a very nice guitar. Look up the folks at Let's Talk Guild, they will be happy to help you out.
Good luck.
G
if you really need domestic, another used deal is a Tacoma. find one without the famous finish problem. they used to be made in washington state. they were going out of business because of that problem so Fender bought them up and killed their company for them.

i used to have a DM9 which was a good, basic, spruce & hog guitar with a satin finish.

besides pks330, aren't you building your own right now?
Last edited by ad_works at Jul 16, 2015,