Do you fund anyone? Like through Patreon or have you contributed to crowdfunding projects? Have you ever donated money?

If so who and why?
If not why not?
If you had to who would you choose?

I don't because I don't earn money but there are a few I would love to help out.

For fooks sake wanted to add a poll. oh well
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
All the kickstarted games I bought thus far have been after release, just in case....
Yeah I fund content creators when I have extra cash lying around. Mostly gaming related stuff and a few video makers that have Patreon pages.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I attend my friend's workshops even though she could (and does) teach me how to do all this artsy stuff on her own, but I go anyway because art supplies are expensive and even the sum of the workshop fees doesn't cover her expenses most of the time.

edit: so idk if that was even relevant to this lol but I don't wanna fund people I don't know unless they're like dying or something
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 22, 2015,
Quote by Minkaro
I give bits to Kickstarters for games, like enough to get the "we'll give you the game when it's made" thing.

I like how if they don't get funded, I get my money back.

Mostly this.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I have contributed to two Kickstarters for video games - Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity.

Stuff like Patreons, or Kickstarters for weird speculative projects where they give you stuff like a celebratory mouse mat one day in the future - nah.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm trying to attain a disposable income, so no.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I gave money to a kickstarter for a youtuber to get the reward that dictated he would play minecraft with me

He never played minecraft with me
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I gave money to a kickstarter for a youtuber to get the reward that dictated he would play minecraft with me

He never played minecraft with me
Well, that's what you get for funding a YouPubers project.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
^ That would have been money wasted even if he played minecraft with you

I have never funded anything beause I'm too poor. Even if I wasn't poor I wouldn't fund anyone because reasons.
I have nothing important to say
That's a real thing tho and it's hilarious, I've seen it happen

"Give me money so I can make more money off of you, I'll play a video game with you if you do (jk about that last part) "
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I've funded a few albums by people who I know are genuinely talented, and they came out with great stuff.

I also like the concept of Patreon. In some ways it is really a VERY old school way of doing things with the modern reach of the Internet. However, I don't really have money to spare for this.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't have any broad objection to it. Makes a lot of sense to crowd-fund projects based on the people who consume it instead of having to rely on poorer monetization models such as ad revenue.

Can't say I've seen too many projects that have made me want to contribute more than like 2 bucks though.
I pledge in some gaming Kickstarters, for the pledges that give you the game once it's finished.

On Patreon I think I have 1 or 2 "subcriptions". Some of them have stuff like "We'll let you get the content 1 day earlier" but I don't give a shit about that (I can wait 1 day). It's mostly for the support and shit.

But there's so much stuff out there that I'm kind of conservative about what I do with crowdfunding
In marketing, it's called "first mover advantage". You don't want to fund something just because it's another 'good idea', but rather think for yourself if it is worthy of your investing/time.
funded a bunch of comic/book publishing on kickstarter.

not into the patreon thing due to try to keep my monthly costs low, but there are quite a few people/groups I'd support if I was loaded enough to make a continuous commitment.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
if i could afford to i would probably back some games on kickstarter or contribute to kevin macleod's patreon
ggg1 ggg3

I haven't and haven't looked into it much. I might give something to sleepycabin because those guys are so damn funny.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
when something is "pay what you want" i usually fork it over
i don't know why i feel so dry
At the moment I am stuck in college and while I am applying for summer jobs, I have not acquired one, so the money I have to my name is not enough that I can afford to invest in anything unknown.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39