Soo, I need help with this question..
Are my pickups too close to strings when I lick and tab 20-22 fret It doesn't make much of sound Soo Could somebody of you tell me should I lower them.. I Use Dean Guitars ML X CB And Yeh, I play pantera and metal bands pls help (:
Not a very good description, is it buzzing?

Not hard to check though. Pickups can be as close as 1/8 inch fromt he strings and still work. Depends on the pickups. Most bridge pickups will do fine that close, neck pickups usually need to be a bit lower. How low depends on your guitar and strings. Too close will kill sustain. Easy to check, fret it around the 20th fret and see how close to the strings the neck pickup is. 1/8 inch or less, it might need to be lowered a little.

I'm thinking it's more likely a high fret. If you play the 20th fret and the 21st is higher, it will buzz against that fret, not the one you played. Since it's resting lightly on the fret it will either buzz or kill the note. You can check it with a short straight edge. Get something straight that will only cover 3 frets, check it in that area, and any time it rocks back and forth, the middle fret of the 3 is too high and need s to be lowered by filing. Once you've been playing for a while you'll recognize this, it's easy to identify when I hear it but I've been doing this 54 years...a lot harder to describe though...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Not a very good description, is it buzzing?

Not hard to check though. Pickups can be as close as 1/8 inch fromt he strings and still work. Depends on the pickups. Most bridge pickups will do fine that close, neck pickups usually need to be a bit lower. How low depends on your guitar and strings. Too close will kill sustain. Easy to check, fret it around the 20th fret and see how close to the strings the neck pickup is. 1/8 inch or less, it might need to be lowered a little.

I'm thinking it's more likely a high fret. If you play the 20th fret and the 21st is higher, it will buzz against that fret, not the one you played. Since it's resting lightly on the fret it will either buzz or kill the note. You can check it with a short straight edge. Get something straight that will only cover 3 frets, check it in that area, and any time it rocks back and forth, the middle fret of the 3 is too high and need s to be lowered by filing. Once you've been playing for a while you'll recognize this, it's easy to identify when I hear it but I've been doing this 54 years...a lot harder to describe though...

Okey, thanks! C: