Page 1 of 2
So in the past I've been pretty against going out to vote citing that I would do so when Canadian politics had something real to offer or when it degraded to a point of barbarism like you see in the US where gay marriage and abortion are still considered current issues.

Well we've gotten to that point on both accounts I think so it's time to start looking ahead to the October election. Now, I still consider myself a strong supporter of the Angry Canadian Party (thrash, 2011) and so there are a couple of candidates who I think are worth consideration.

On the one hand, you got Angry Tom. This guy is brimming with so much snark that he looks like he could go off at any moment. His media interviews can get pretty intense and honestly I'm really looking forward to the leader debates hoping that someone will tempt him.

On the other, you got a guy who knows that sometimes what it's gonna take is you need to rent out a barn and make Burkie proud.

These qualities make both of these candidates pretty attractive to an angry canadian such as myself but I think angry canadians need to stand together in order to focus their outrage most efficiently. So what do other angry canadians think? Which is the most truculent, belligerent candidate in the upcoming election?
Totes. All the replies really demonstrate that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Canadian politics had something real to offer or when it degraded to a point of barbarism like you see in the US where gay marriage and abortion are still considered current issues.

I guess heated discourse and political participation is called barbarism in Canada.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
heated discourse and political participation is after all predominantly an american phenomenon
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
this is where my vote is going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOE59SinhE

this country is a complete joke and voting is a waste of time. i'll be voting for whoever has the best chance to take power from the conservatives, preferably the ndp. liberals are just as bad as the conservatives except weed and nicer hair.

edit: editing this post to reinforce that i hate the liberals c-51 loving "lets legalize weed so we can tax the shit out of it and let you buy it for four hours a day at shit times" corporate sluts
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jun 23, 2015,
yea i just want to get electoral reform so that hopefully we get to see new and more promising parties spring up.

even though the liberals intend to amend c51 its not clear to me how they would do it and they shouldnt have cowed and voted for it in the first place. they agree that the bill wasn't ready to be put into law but voted it through anyway.

also the libs talk about doing a study of electoral reform but don't mention what is wrong with studies already done on the issue in particular the 2004 law commission which made suggestions towards an mmp variant. pretty clear they just want to dismiss it because it doesn't favour preferential balloting which the libs would benefit most from.

angry tom seems the way to go for now even as just a holdover until something better comes along. getting the conservatives out of power so something can be done about c51 is priority #1 though.
Didn't your president or prime-minister or whatever you have, first support mohammed cartoons under the guise of freedom of speech and then try to prosecute groups that supported the boycot of Israeli goods under hate crime laws?

I think you have enough to vote for.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Didn't your president or prime-minister or whatever you have, first support mohammed cartoons under the guise of freedom of speech and then try to prosecute groups that supported the boycot of Israeli goods under hate crime laws?

I think you have enough to vote for.

did they actually go through with that or were they just talking shit?

certainly isn't beyond the conservatives to try to intimidate and silence dissenters.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
did they actually go through with that or were they just talking shit?

certainly isn't beyond the conservatives to try to intimidate and silence dissenters.

I don't know. I only saw the announcement on various political news shows. No one updated on the story though so I'll now use my google prowers brb
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
First of all, Harper has to go. He is probably the closest thing to a dictator that Canada has ever had. He breaks laws and then passes legislation saying "This is okay" and then he backdates it.

Harper has to go. I think that that the NDP have to be given a chance. In October, I am voting for whoever has the best chance of taking down the "tyrant."

ron666
canada is ready for and wants a change in leadership but let's not pretend like harper isn't at least a good economist and saved canada from getting dragged under with the US in 2008. and im not even a harper supporter

also shut up ron as if canada is remotely close to a dictatorship get outta here ya potato head hipster
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ehh I'm not really a fan of any of the parties' economic policies. we desperately need to spur investment in tech and in diversifying energy preferably by investing in renewable energy.
2 out of the 3 will do everything in their power to make sure I don't have a job and that pipelines never get built because the oil and gas industry is everything that is wrong with canada and definitely is the only dirty industry in the country and therefore should be disproportionately targeted and screw having a strong economy it would be better if every province was quebec

1 out of the 3 will do his best to make sure I have a job but also wants to put me in jail for smokin teh weedorz

I think an NDP minority is alright. Gives the NDP a brief window to show everyone what they're truly about before getting shown the door in a year.

edit: I forgot,

Vive le Quebec libre!
Last edited by CaptainRon at Jun 29, 2015,
Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33475187
canada is ready for and wants a change in leadership but let's not pretend like harper isn't at least a good economist and saved canada from getting dragged under with the US in 2008. and im not even a harper supporter

also shut up ron as if canada is remotely close to a dictatorship get outta here ya potato head hipster

i don't really buy that. the conservatives are not responsible with money at all and that was mostly a result of the policies of previous governments.

le dae remember g20, le c-51 dae hate harper
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i don't really buy that. the conservatives are not responsible with money at all and that was mostly a result of the policies of previous governments.

le dae remember g20, le c-51 dae hate harper

the whole economic policy of the conservative party is to, lol, conserve money and cut spending and therefore taxes (in theory anyways i dont think i need to tell you in practice it's not quite so easy). To shrink the government. Harper put a few safeguards in place and cut a lot of spending when he first took office and 2005-2007 actually helped Canada stay afloat through the Great American Global Butt Raping.

there are reasons id like the conservatives to stay in office, and there are reasons id like the liberals to take office, and there is a single reason id like the NDP to take office. My tendency however is to vote conservative because all Liberals have ever shown is an uncanny ability to royally fuk the budget and overspend way too much while introducing unnecessary legislation (ya ya inb4 c-51).

tbh i really just want to vote for the rhinoceros party
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

the least you conservatives could do is not vote cpc this time around then watch the cpc lose and make Chong its new leader. #chong2016 #cheech2020
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Jun 29, 2015,
Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33475715
the whole economic policy of the conservative party is to, lol, conserve money and cut spending and therefore taxes (in theory anyways i dont think i need to tell you in practice it's not quite so easy). To shrink the government. Harper put a few safeguards in place and cut a lot of spending when he first took office and 2005-2007 actually helped Canada stay afloat through the Great American Global Butt Raping.

there are reasons id like the conservatives to stay in office, and there are reasons id like the liberals to take office, and there is a single reason id like the NDP to take office. My tendency however is to vote conservative because all Liberals have ever shown is an uncanny ability to royally fuk the budget and overspend way too much while introducing unnecessary legislation (ya ya inb4 c-51).

tbh i really just want to vote for the rhinoceros party

nice idea, shame it is completely separate from reality. the conservatives are incredibly irresponsible with how they "spend" money. they inherited a lot of what got them through. they continuously throw money away at an alarming rate. just without that money actually helping us.

considering the current state of wages, unemployment rates, conservative spending, current debt, etc. i really don't see what is so appealing about the conservative "economy and jobs" focus. add in their callous disregard of necessary social programs and you have a strong contender for "almost as bad as the leafs".

i'd vote for a party that was actually responsible with money.
No party will be fiscally "responsible" the way you want them to be, ever. Never will happen. "Responsibility" is relative to the gdp and resulting budget anyways, unfortunately. Canada was rolling in so much money that Paul Martin thought embezzling millions was a great idea, and STILL managed to fuk the budget outside of that. Besides, one of the biggest problems with money and shit was Alberta selling itself to china like the fukin slut that it is.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

i've compiled a list of a few of the ways the harpercons have undermined democracy:

-c51
-g20
-ombnibus bills
-robocall scandal
-prorogued the HoC effectively shutting it down for over 180 days
-muzzling scientists
-cut funding to research that produced findings which called into question the conservative narrative
-neutered the census therefore making it that much harder to study policy impact
-support fptp
-removed per-vote subsidy to political parties
-pro-rating the election spending limit

enough is enough
really though spending money on space shit when you're canada makes as much sense as spending money on state of the art fighter jets when you're canada :^0
spending on space shit makes sense for proprietary trickle-down technology reasons. someone earlier in this thread mentioned we need more domestic tech dev, well, space investment is a proven method of accomplishing that
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33475769
No party will be fiscally "responsible" the way you want them to be, ever. Never will happen. "Responsibility" is relative to the gdp and resulting budget anyways, unfortunately. Canada was rolling in so much money that Paul Martin thought embezzling millions was a great idea, and STILL managed to fuk the budget outside of that. Besides, one of the biggest problems with money and shit was Alberta selling itself to china like the fukin slut that it is.

yeah, did i mention that im horribly bitter & cynical? until there is fairly significant change things are going to continue to be shitty and self-destructive. no political party offers any sort of platform that even remotely resembles my political ideology (even when i'm pragmatic about that shit). i vote for the least shit choice. the conservatives are terrible at dealing with debt, terrible at protecting the rights of workers and "jobs" and don't do much of anything positive for the country and the economy the alternatives wouldn't do. all while slashing vital programs to "balance the budget" as they hemorrhage money with pointless spending. while also doing little to nothing to address what will become significant economic and policy issues (from an expense standpoint) in the future. that's just dealing with what they view as their "most important" policy areas.

the liberals suck but they are a very marginal improvement.

i'm also totally a "conservative". unlike conservatives i actually read things and learned about important ideas worth conserving. you should vote for the angry canadian party :hfboards:
spending money on state of the art jet fighters is worth it for our guys and gals putting their lives on the line. it also does a lot of good to our aerospace industry and by association those related to it not only in supply chain but required skills.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-s-environment-plan-end-fossil-fuel-subsidies-invest-in-clean-tech-1.3131607

Please don't vote for this complete fucking idiot. I worry the same bullshit will start spewing from the NDP the second after they get elected.

Quebec: Canada's Greece

Good social policy is not a good enough reason to screw yourself economically.
'screw yourself economically' vs 'let big oil screw you economically'

don't know what it's like here in canada, sedar really needs to get its docs properly digitized (see xbrl), but exxon mobil in the US pays out tens of billions in profits to investors and then shows up on the government's doorstep with its pockets turned out saying it needs money to try and find new oil reserves. they get 600 million a year in subsidies.
3 of the 4 have provinces are heavily invested in Oil and Gas. BC also has a large gas industry.

We are paying for the rest of Canada, yet the rest of Canada want to do absolutely nothing to allow us to continue helping them.

I could not give less of a shit how much the government is subsidizing oil. If the Alberta government wasn't run by dipshits for 10 years, we would be using our Heritage Fund to subsidize the companies during the downturn to preserve the industry and more importantly to preserve jobs.
Quote by CaptainRon at #33476540
3 of the 4 have provinces are heavily invested in Oil and Gas. BC also has a large gas industry.

We are paying for the rest of Canada, yet the rest of Canada want to do absolutely nothing to allow us to continue helping them.

I could not give less of a shit how much the government is subsidizing oil. If the Alberta government wasn't run by dipshits for 10 years, we would be using our Heritage Fund to subsidize the companies during the downturn to preserve the industry and more importantly to preserve jobs.

the albertan conservatives cant even manage to "conserve" any of the oil money tho
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Liberals are gunna legalize pot

lets be real, with a minority government - which is what seems to be most likely atm, that's going to be an issue for the next election (for clarification, not the upcoming one but the one after). assuming we follow the model that the states that legalized and had success used, we first need to decriminalize and allow medicinal marijuana clubs to establish themselves. then those clubs can be extended to the general public. it's going to take time. both the Liberals and NDP support decriminalization (though Mulcair seems to flip flop on the issue).
Quote by CaptainRon at #33476540

good point. we should set up a national energy program!
Quote by Godsmack_IV at #33476562
lets be real, with a minority government - which is what seems to be most likely atm, that's going to be an issue for the next election (for clarification, not the upcoming one but the one after). assuming we follow the model that the states that legalized and had success used, we first need to decriminalize and allow medicinal marijuana clubs to establish themselves. then those clubs can be extended to the general public. it's going to take time. both the Liberals and NDP support decriminalization (though Mulcair seems to flip flop on the issue).

have you ever bought alcohol in ontario? decriminalization >>>> legalization AINEC
I regret voting for the fluffy liberal party.

really though c51 is shit.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 29, 2015,
Quote by Godsmack_IV at #33476582
i was going to list out all the ways c51 undermines democracy in my previous effort but it would have taken up half the list

we got rid of that g20 law like last week though so progress or something eh
Page 1 of 2