I don't listen to a ton of thrash, so I can't account for how generic this is or isn't. Still, I'll do my best to speak my mind.

I wouldn't say this song is particularly technical, but these riffs are really sick. You're turning out a headbanger of a song. Very infectious. I feel like you have a really Slayer-y quality in your writing. The main riff is catchy. I enjoyed the part after the intro with the harmonies. Love the pre-chorus riff. I appreciated the weird timing in riff C a ton. Your chord choices throughout this riff, as well as throughout the song, are super simple but very effective. The melodies are strong.

The triplet based riffs at 110 were rhythmically very pleasing. The transition at 121 was KILLER. The 122 riff was driving and energetic. I loved the color you created with the three string chords in 128 - 129. The solo was stylistically awesome. Loved your bluesy choice of runs. When you sped up to 230bpm, I loved that. That riff is great, with awesome note choice and cool harmonies.

At 178, that has to be one of my favorite riffs of the song. 193 on was just groovy as hell. Nice melodic break at the end. I don't think the song needs to go much longer after that.

I don't have many criticisms. I think the drums are serviceable, and capture the punk feel ever so present in a lot the thrash drumming I've heard. But I don't think they're ever doing anything particular interesting, either. They could be livened up by some more interesting fills. And the bass follows the guitars basically verbatim. I think maybe you could come up with a few individual bass lines that can counter the guitars and really set everything off nicely. All in all, though, it was really really cool. I look forward to a finished product.
Last edited by Million Dead at Jul 6, 2015,
Quote by Million Dead
I don't listen to a ton of thrash, so I can't account for how generic this is or isn't. Still, I'll do my best to speak my mind.

I wouldn't say this song is particularly technical, but these riffs are really sick. You're turning out a headbanger of a song. Very infectious. I feel like you have a really Slayer-y quality in your writing. The main riff is catchy. I enjoyed the part after the intro with the harmonies. Love the pre-chorus riff. I appreciated the weird timing in riff C a ton. Your chord choices throughout this riff, as well as throughout the song, are super simple but very effective. The melodies are strong.

The triplet based riffs at 110 were rhythmically very pleasing. The transition at 121 was KILLER. The 122 riff was driving and energetic. I loved the color you created with the three string chords in 128 - 129. The solo was stylistically awesome. Loved your bluesy choice of runs. When you sped up to 230bpm, I loved that. That riff is great, with awesome note choice and cool harmonies.

At 178, that has to be one of my favorite riffs of the song. 193 on was just groovy as hell. Nice melodic break at the end. I don't think the song needs to go much longer after that.

I don't have many criticisms. I think the drums are serviceable, and capture the punk feel ever so present in a lot the thrash drumming I've heard. But I don't think they're ever doing anything particular interesting, either. They could be livened up by some more interesting fills. And the bass follows the guitars basically verbatim. I think maybe you could come up with a few individual bass lines that can counter the guitars and really set everything off nicely. All in all, though, it was really really cool. I look forward to a finished product.

Thanks man, that's some nice answer i appreciate it very much! Yeah the drums are there to just for the drums sake. When we play it it with band, our drummer can spicy it up more.
Quote by diabolical
This file is not audio?

you're in the tabs and chords forum, the music is written using a program called Guitar Pro 5. you can only listen to it in there, unless he had also posted a MIDI of it.