Poll: Favourite year of the 00s?
Poll Options
View poll results: Favourite year of the 00s?
6 15%
5 12%
1 2%
3 7%
3 7%
3 7%
3 7%
6 15%
4 10%
7 17%
Voters: 41.
Page 1 of 2
...and why was it that year? What major events/albums/games/cultural phenomenons from the 00s were important to you?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Ffs stop making me fvcking rank every aspect of my life by descending quality.

I don't want to have a best day of my life, I don't want to have a greatest achievement, I don't want to have a favourite color, I don't want to have a favourite movie, band or album, I don't want to have a favourite actor, I don't want to have a favourite meal, I don't want to have a favourite drink and I sure as fvcking hell don't want to have a favourite year of the '00s.

Just let me like and dislike stuff, ranking everything in my life makes me feel like I'm some spoiled teen that does nothing but judge every single thing that's handed to me out of sheer shallowness and boredom.
Idk I thought 04 and 05 were important for music and 08 was good for general fun times and 09 for girls

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Idk I thought 04 and 05 were important for music and 08 was good for general fun times and 09 for girls

What happened in music in those years that didn't suck the sweat off diseased monkey balls?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What happened in music in those years that didn't suck the sweat off diseased monkey balls?

Quote by slapsymcdougal

(Invalid img)

Purple string dampener scrunchy.
tough choice between 8 and 9, both a v good vintage... would have to for 9 tho. this decade has been utter shite in comparison. something must have happened in 2011. that's when the universal love seemed to stop. the late noughties were like a shit 60s, now its like we're living in a shit 70s.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jun 22, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by korinaflyingv
tough choice between 8 and 9, both a v good vintage... would have to for 9 tho. this decade has been utter shite in comparison. something must have happened in 2011. that's when the universal love seemed to stop. the late noughties were like a shit 60s, now its like we're living in a shit 70s.

I graduated from high school
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
American Idiot was generation defining

Not really convinced.

Voting 00, because the decade has the most potential at that stage.

EDIT: Actually, I think that was the first time I saw Motorhead, too. Some poor bugger got chibbed at that gig.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by JamSessionFreak

I don't want to have a best day of my life, I don't want to have a greatest achievement, I don't want to have a favourite color, I don't want to have a favourite movie, band or album, I don't want to have a favourite actor, I don't want to have a favourite meal, I don't want to have a favourite drink and I sure as fvcking hell don't want to have a favourite year of the '00s.

Just let me like and dislike stuff, ranking everything in my life makes me feel like I'm some spoiled teen that does nothing but judge every single thing that's handed to me out of sheer shallowness and boredom.

No one's making you do anything, you wimp.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by JamSessionFreak

I don't want to have a 1) best day of my life, I don't want to have a 2) greatest achievement, I don't want to have a 3) favourite color, I don't want to have a 4) favourite movie, 5) band or 6) album, I don't want to have a 7) favourite actor, I don't want to have a 8) favourite meal, I don't want to have a 9) favourite drink and I sure as fvcking hell don't want to have a 10) favourite year of the '00s.

Now which of these things would you want least?

Also, your best day would be when we have the cabin done
Quote by ErikLensherr

I can't think of anything else that comes close to being as decade-defining as American Idiot.
Quote by chrismendiola
No one's making you do anything, you wimp.

m8 please we both know Rapture's gonna beat me up hella

Quote by ultimate-slash
Now which of these things would you want least?

Also, your best day would be when we have the cabin done

Nah, all the days after that one would be best, not just that specific one.

I was thinking of cabin-wide stereo, like even in the bathroom so you can be in the shower jamming to your favourite choons.
2001 for me, year my 1st child was born
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
the entire decade was shit

there was no defining movement or culture, everything was either a continuation from the previous decade or something from a previous generation which had been forgotten about
I don't remember anything between 00-05 (Except Godzilla 2000 for some reason).
06-09 were my high school years and nothing great really happened so I guess 09 since I graduated.

Notable albums include:
-Lights and Sounds by Yellowcard
-Decemberunderground by AFI (I liked a few songs anyways)
-The Sufferer & The Witness by Rise Against
-Smile for Them by Armor For Sleep (including their EP)
-A Shipwreck in the Sand by Silverstein
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by So-Cal
the entire decade was shit

there was no defining movement or culture, everything was either a continuation from the previous decade or something from a previous generation which had been forgotten about

I don't know, I think the rise of the internet/social media was a pretty big event in the 00s in terms of culture.

I think it will looked back on and remembered.

I know what you mean about the 00s feeling aimless or like a rehash of what came before. Perhaps as a result of the internet. It's easy to find old media and "re-post" as it were. And it's difficult to focus on one thing when we have literally everything available all at once.
Quote by Woffelz
2000 because I remember next-to-nothing of it

2000 because it was the last year before America turned into post-9/11 America.

Post-9/11 America is the worst America.
2008 was pretty chill. Had a band, finished high school, got laid every day. Good times.
PM me for newts
The early 00s before 90s music completely faded out.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
I had an incredible 2005. Lots of drinking and shagging and some excellent festivals, parties etc. Saw Black Sabbath, Death From Above 1979, Melt Banana, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down and about a thousand others.
2007 because I had great times with friends and started seeing some really cool concerts. 2009 and 2010 were possibly the two worst years of my life.
Quote by Eastwinn
are we serious about american idiot?

I was wondering this too lol

Op: idk I think 09 was cool because I hanged out with friends a lot and had some really fun times. I think i started drinking then too which made things fun. Really was just the time I started figuring myself out more and enjoying life more. I liked '10 better though tbh
Last edited by chev311e at Jun 22, 2015,
i dunno, i don't really feel like i was doing anything before 2010, and every year since then has been better than the last. the 2000's weren't great.
Page 1 of 2