So I did some whacky shit...
Cant quite decide if the result is cool, or plain ******ed.

https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/djent-groove6

Sounds ****ing schizophrenic in places, and I'm not sure if it's in a good way.

Care to comment guys? And link me to what you want heard

EDIT: Track updated. Note, there's no production work done on this.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 23, 2015,
Hey man,

Thanks so much for checking out my track and sharing this post with me.

Djent Groove5 has the potential to be a really solid track. The playing here is very tight and seamless. The drums, guitar, and synth in the background all interact very well. You have some sick command over rhythm. I wish this was longer; it sounds like you had some really interesting ideas here worth developing further. As for the mix, I found it a little hard to discern the kick drum over the guitars, as they seem to occupy a similar tonal space. I also felt that the snare sounded a bit low in the mix.

Here are some of the moments that caught my interest:
0:40 I like the build-ups here. The chord choice is also very tasteful.
1:35 Awesome interaction between the drums and guitar here.
1:58 I am really digging the synth phrasing here!

Peace man!
Quote by pks330
I like it, but I think if you go backwards at the end like put the intro in reverse, it will add nicely, and give you more length, idk if it was a synth, but last 1/4 of the song had a cool sound mixed in.

If u get time
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679019

Glad you do I was mortally afraid those synth sounds would make it sound stupid.

Checking out your thread. And thank you for listening

Quote by silvadolla
Hey man,

Thanks so much for checking out my track and sharing this post with me.

Djent Groove5 has the potential to be a really solid track. The playing here is very tight and seamless. The drums, guitar, and synth in the background all interact very well. You have some sick command over rhythm. I wish this was longer; it sounds like you had some really interesting ideas here worth developing further. As for the mix, I found it a little hard to discern the kick drum over the guitars, as they seem to occupy a similar tonal space. I also felt that the snare sounded a bit low in the mix.

Here are some of the moments that caught my interest:
0:40 I like the build-ups here. The chord choice is also very tasteful.
1:35 Awesome interaction between the drums and guitar here.
1:58 I am really digging the synth phrasing here!

Peace man!

Anytime haha. Thanks for the kind words, I'm rather paranoid about my guitar tracks being off time, as a kid I used to have difficulty playing in time, so i've developed a complex
I'm really happy you think the synth sounds and the chord choices work well, this is not the kind of track I usually make, and I was really afraid it wouldn't work.
Nice track man! Djent isn't really my thing, but I dug it. I liked the kind of droning part that went along with the track at the beginning. Since I don't really know the genre, I can't give too much feedback -- but my one thought was that the guitars could have been a tad brighter/more present. But I tend to like a more "in your face" guitar sound anyway, so that's probably an isolated opinion, lol. As far as the mixing went, everything sounded nicely balanced. Good job!
I like the sounds in the back that kinda sound like police sirens and the little glitchy noises.

The rhythm guitar sound is good but it doesn't change too much from beggining to end, does it? Variety is the spice of life, even in djent, hehe.

Considering the weird mood of the song, do you feel that the drums could be a more erratic? They're following the tempo well but I feel they could add to the madness.

Piano is cool overall. Could you bring it in earlier but keep the volume very very low? And then full volume at the same spot as its in right now.

I don't like the fake choir sounds at 2.15, hehe. I'd say replace them with something else because the melody is good.

You need some weird jazz singing on there to really mess up the off beats.

Overall very good production.

Thank you for taking a moment to review my song:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680006