So I need something to connect my guitar to my computer for the mlg swag pro recordings. Basically I have looked at the Pod 420 blaze it series from line 6, or the Steinburg...

Specifically the Pod HD, or the Steinburg UR22.... Which one is better in general? accounting for price, usability, content? Or if you have a better recommendation lets hear it.
The POD HD is a guitar amp simulator / MFX processor that happens to have an interface built into it. The Steinberg UR22 is just an interface. Two very different products. What exactly do you need?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The POD HD is a guitar amp simulator / MFX processor that happens to have an interface built into it. The Steinberg UR22 is just an interface. Two very different products. What exactly do you need?

I just want something to connect my guitar to my pc for straight audio files rather than using an external microphone for recording. However I think I can just find amp simulators online without the pod hd if that would make the steinburg the better choice... What do you think?

like this amp sim program http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2010/10/lecto.html
Last edited by codywademarsh at Jun 22, 2015,
Then you just need an interface, like the Steinberg.

I don't have any experience with the Steinberg and I have no idea how good or bad it does. I've used a Focusrite Saffire 6 for years now and I can recommend them.

There are tons of amp and cab sims you can get online and run through a DAW. There are even some pretty good free ones. The LePou plugins probably the most popular. I don't like using sims personally. But if you don't mind, that's absolutely a viable way to go.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you don't use a simulator then how do you get an original sound on the pc? I had it figured that if you're connecting to pc a physical amplifier doesn't have a way of connecting or whatever. Thanks for the recommendation btw.
Amp > Mic > Interface

or if you want to be silent,

Processor > Interface

I have a POD HD500X, I go from the output of that into my Focusrite.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

I have a POD HD500X, I go from the output of that into my Focusrite.

This.
I've recently been playing around with ambient type sounds, so I've been running the left and right 1/4" outs into my 2i4 to get decent quality sound. The onboard USB out works fairly well, but on windows at least, you can't use more than one audio interface at once, so since the Focusrite's preamps are better, that's what I use.
Generally though, I just use my 500x for effects going into either an amp or an amp sim which it does very well.
Both are different things as stated already. I have a steinberg ci 2+.

top bit of kit really, does everything I need it to.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.