Hello,
I have a little problem. My mixer has two 1/4" outputs while my PA has an XLR input. What's the solution?
Thanks
Last edited by Jayerrr at Jun 23, 2015,
If you're sure the outputs on the mixer are the right ones to be sent to the speakers, then you simply get a pair of male 1/4" jack to male XLR cables.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm not sure I follow what you are asking. When you say your "PA" do mean active speakers or are you sending a personal mix from your own mixer to another main mixer?
If your mixer only has high impedance outputs (1/4 inch phone) and need to go to low impedance inputs on something else (active speakers, another mixer or power amp) one solution is a high to low impedance adapter like the one at this link. Remember that you also need low impedence (microphone) cables.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LittleIMP?adpos=1o1&creative=54989267161&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwh6SsBRCYrKHF7J3NjicSJACUxAh7vqglVQlZsIvXmIIA7IwXWKjZVRs-98UDoHf8YAThUBoCCWfw_wcB
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 23, 2015,
The main outputs, left and right, of my mixer are 1/4" jacks. The input of my active monitors is an XLR for each speaker.
Quote by Jayerrr
The main outputs, left and right, of my mixer are 1/4" jacks. The input of my active monitors is an XLR for each speaker.

You'll need a cable that has a quarter inch on one end and an XLR on the other. You might check to see if the mixer is designed to handle TRS 1/4" connectors...