Page 1 of 4
I'm sick of your tattoos, and the way you always criticise The Smiths.

I don't know if I'll get a lot of participation, but let's give this a go.

The best way I can think to make this work with the rules is to use Spotify or 8tracks. Spotify accounts can be made for free, but you'll have ads. You also don't have to download software. Use the web player if you don't want to download anything. You may also use 8tracks, where you can also make a playlist for free. Create a playlist and post the link here.* You may elect not to use Spotify/8tracks and use some other medium, but don't upload the songs to which you don't own the legal rights to use and distribute. However, please don't litter the thread with a post that has many embedded videos from YouTube. You can use YouTube, just make a playlist or something.

Rules
  • 7-11 songs
  • All songs must have a unifying theme
  • No more than two of your own songs

The theme may be as general/specific as you want, but there has to be a theme. Examples: Songs with B minor cadences, favourite songs by Neil Young, songs about death, songs that I learnt to play on the piano when I was just starting to learn, favourite lyrics, best vocal performances, etc.

Post it here when it's ready and give us a brief description of your mixtape. Have fun.

* If, for whatever reason, you can't create a Spotify account, PM with the details of your mixtape and I'll do my best to make it for you.

Submissions

Andrea55

Freestyle

arcanom

[url="(Invalid video video code)#t=137]psych

Some of the songs I wanted wasnt on spotify so I had to do a youtube playlist. The aim was to do a psychedelic mixtape with no Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Pink Floyd and The Grateful Dead. Sadly I couldnt keep the Grateful Dead off.

Opens up with Electric Prunes to end with one of the most amazing way to end an album, Happy Trails of The Quicksilver Messenger Service. The must listen song of the mixtape is Trip/Fairground of Barış Manço. He was a Turkish musician, vocalist and composer. He sang in Turkish, English, French, Dutch, Spanish, German, Porteguese and at late of his life Japanese. His composing skills talks for itself.

ali.guitarkid7

A Play List

Just a compilation of songs I feel are edgy, dark-ish and sexy. Those three adjectives are - trust me on this - very hard to apply to one thing simultaneously.

[url="(Invalid video video code)]Radio Mirror Park

Radio Mirror Park. No explanation needed.

Baby Joel

probably sad thing

also I would suggest a few guidelines:
1. Do not listen to if you have severe depression
2. Do not listen to in the car at 3am
3. pls don't die

BreatheOver

Acoustic

10 tracks that are all acoustic songs, some are very sappy, emo, heartbreak, love songs

Get Low

10 tracks that are gritty americana, southern rock, country blues, and folk songs

chrismendiola

An alternative view of CM

I like this sort of music
and I never talk about it, so here's a different perspective of me. Here's some lesser known alternative music.

Breakup music, Pt. 1

This is part 1 because I might make another mix later. Get ready to mend your broken hearts 3 because this mix is all about the sad type of breakup. If I make part 2, it'll be the bitter type of breakup for the theme. Anyway, have a box of tissues ready (or a big bowl of pasta).

Note: There are a few outliers in here, mainly the ADTR and Silverstein songs. The ADTR is aggressive sounding but the lyrics fit the theme, and I'll throw that in there for anyone who's into that style of music. The Silverstein one is a fictional story about a man who comes home from military service to find his wife and his friend (fellow military officer, I think) have been having an affair so he burns the house down and then realises he can't bring himself to kill her. It doesn't fit the theme, really, but I love this song and it makes for a great closer, don't you think?

Defend pop punk. Defend pizza.

Put on your crew necks and khakis, order a pizza, and leave your hometown and hope this summer never ends. It's time to defend pop punk.

So catchy it's CONTAGIOUS

Easy-listening and catchy melodies.

Dreadnought

[url="(Invalid video video code)]Smoovies

It's smooth ass beats. AKA night driving.

Eastwinn

BONER JAMS 94

songs from 1994 that i love or used to love. majority of it comes from my middle school tastes. i secretly stand by every single one of these songs but keep it quiet

ErikLensherr

fire.mp3

keep away from flammable materials, etc.

throwback

throwback punx

Gibson_SG_uzr55

[url="(Invalid video video code)]Breakup 1

The bad breakup for me, following a three year relationship, the last year of which (and we lived together most of it) was devoid of much passion on her end. I was emotionally clingy throughout the relationship, and she was both verbally and physically abusive to me. It was poison and doomed for a long time. We were signed on a lease right before we broke up and the guy she started seeing before we broke up (didn't know about that until after the fact) moved in with us. Eventually I got kicked out. I haven't spoken to her since.

[url="(Invalid video video code)]Breakup 2

The relationship that ended featured here was actually a short-lived engagement, with someone I had dated in high school and had never entirely gotten over. This story is long, much longer than the one from the first mixtape, so I will save it because that already has bored you to death. To cut to the chase, it has been nearly a year since the end of our engagement and romantic relationship, but we remain very close friends and talk often. I was able to go through the seven stages of a breakup in a healthy manner and it has paid off.

Jon777

rad and a half

a bunch of rad emo/punk jams. lots of fun tracks to shout along to, nothing sad. you won't cry, i promise.

Joshua Garcia

cool list bro

I don't really know what you would call it. Feel good-ish emo vibe? Well yeah the theme is that I guess. It's easier to listen and understand.

Now That's What I Call A Cool List Bro Vol. 2

It's a compilation of some of my favorite songs to play on the guitar.

I can play all of them start to finish except Do It Again where I just know the solo. I have a tab and/or cover of all of them except for the Her Bright Skies song.

They're not all show-offy. Some are pretty simple (especially the Yellowcard song), but I still have fun playing them.

Had to compensate because Spotify didn't have two songs I really really wanted to add.

seventh-angel

2014 rock-ish stuff

Favourite rock songs from 2014

Thrashtastic15

[url="(Invalid video video code)]~dream pop~

the unifying theme is ~dreamy feels~

[url="(Invalid video video code)]~tilde~

you wont like it im an indie dork

Weaponized

Jammin

this is my Jammin playlist for when you/I just wanna jam out vintage 2013
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 18, 2016,
Quote by Baby Joel
cw discography

im out

Make me a mixtape. This is your chance to turn me into a CW fan.
Free Ali
If I did it would be a one noter for me.
"Songs I learned to tab: *A bunch of Silverstein songs*"
lol

Might do when I wake up. It's bedtime right now.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 23, 2015,
Lol, coincidentally I was making a mixtape like a couple hours ago. Not on spotify though, 8tracks. Just a compilation of songs I feel are edgy, dark-ish and sexy. Those three adjectives are - trust me on this - very hard to apply to one thing simultaneously.

http://8tracks.com/cw71017-260/a-play-list

Also can't make a Spotify account due to location. Excuse my general rule breaking please.
also I would suggest a few guidelines:
1. Do not listen to if you have severe depression
2. Do not listen to in the car at 3am
3. pls don't die
superman is killing himself tonight
Could you add 8tracks as an alternative for those without Spotify access? I know most people here are either from the US or UK, but hell, maybe there's one or two ideological boycotts. Plus I'd like to have a listen to people's stuff haha.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Could you add 8tracks as an alternative for those without Spotify access? I know most people here are either from the US or UK, but hell, maybe there's one or two ideological boycotts. Plus I'd like to have a listen to people's stuff haha.

You got it.
Free Ali
I'll probably end up making more than half of the submissions.

An alternative view of CM by chrismendiola

Here are some songs I like about a genre I don't discuss too often.
1. Emarosa - A Toast to the Future Kids
2. Balance and Composure - Separation
3. The Appleseed Cast - Peregine
4. Arctic Monkeys - My Propeller
5. Barcelona - Falling Out of Trees
6. The Early November - Guilt & Swell
7. Deas Vail - Birds
8. Woodmen Hall - The Tempter
9. As Cities Burn - Our World Is Grey
10. Lydia - Now the One You Once Loved Is Leaving
11. Acceptance - Permanent
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 25, 2015,
ali.guitarkid7 - I tried, but it just isn't my sorta thing. The first song coulda been cool if it wasn't for the weird vocals. I could tolerate the accent, but it was too whisper-y.

Baby Joel - I'm sort of interested in listening to more. I might get into it if I were to spend more time listening to it. Maybe it's because I'm content with my life, or something. The instrumentals are sloppy- I felt like everything was a bit off-tempo, and the vocals are too whisper-y. I enjoyed the first song when the vocalist was actually singing.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 23, 2015,
My neighbor's sister-in-law makes $82 /hour on the computer . She has been fired from work for six months but last month her pay check was $14550 just working on the computer for a few hours. read this article...

>>>>>++++++++++++++++++++ http://www.home-income60.tk
Quote by chrismendiola
ali.guitarkid7 - I tried, but it just isn't my sorta thing. The first song coulda been cool if it wasn't for the weird vocals. I could tolerate the accent, but it was too whisper-y.

That's cool. Tricky's one of my favorites (he's actually pretty well known, I'm surprised you hadn't heard that song before) and I really dig his vocals' weirdness haha. I actually tried listening to the first song on your list and the singing just was too 'unflawed' for me, so I'll chalk it up to tastes
Quote by chrismendiola

Baby Joel - I'm sort of interested in listening to more. I might get into it if I were to spend more time listening to it. Maybe it's because I'm content with my life, or something. The instrumentals are sloppy- I felt like everything was a bit off-tempo, and the vocals are too whisper-y. I enjoyed the first song when the vocalist was actually singing.

welcome to the slowcore sadcore lo-fi rough and unpolished beauty
Quote by chrismendiola
Make me a mixtape. This is your chance to turn me into a CW fan.

they're actually so bad it's not worth it
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Carissa's Wierd is good but they kinda make you want to jump off a bridge.
Quote by slipknot5678
giving one of these a listen right now.

kind of want to make one or maybe ten seems fun in a way but idk where to start I only listen to bad music.

imma make you a corny 80s lovetape ☆♡☆
Quote by k.lainad
yeah

This is hardly a mixtape, it looks like you put together four songs from one album or something.

Make a YouTube playlist so I have a link to put in the OP and to reduce clutter. :^)

Never mind, I just realised what you're doing, you cheeky shit. :-o
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 23, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr

not a #sadboy eh
Quote by MinterMan22
they're actually so bad it's not worth it

this is really the only confirmation you need to know that it's good

Quote by ErikLensherr

Hence rules 1-3
I've got the tracklists ready for a handful more, but I'll wait to spread them out in time so as not to take up too much space at one time and to give other people a chance.

Quote by Baby Joel
welcome to the slowcore sadcore lo-fi rough and unpolished beauty

I finished your mix and I think you'd like track #10 on my mix.

Quote by slipknot5678
giving one of these a listen right now.

kind of want to make one or maybe ten seems fun in a way but idk where to start I only listen to bad music.

Go for it.

@everyone
I'll do my best to listen to each mix, so your effort will not be in vain.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
not a #sadboy eh

Let's go, bud, yours should be ready by now.
Free Ali
lol yea sure thing bud ill leave you to that soft ass fakesad shitty slop fest yall call tildes i got a proper mixtape to make here aka **** off alright
lmao that was for that dashiki wearing goofball joel cba to edit cause im on mobile w/e though i don't really care cuz it works for you too if ya want ;-)
Quote by MinterMan22
lmao that was for that dashiki wearing goofball joel cba to edit cause im on mobile w/e though i don't really care cuz it works for you too if ya want ;-)

if I had a superpower, it would be ✰ the power of failing.
Quote by MinterMan22
lmao that was for that dashiki wearing goofball joel

Quote by MinterMan22
i don't really care cuz it works for you too if ya want ;-)

beautifully backhanded.
What 90's emo band will feature prominently on Pasta's mixtape?

Texas Is the Reason
I done did one.

https://play.spotify.com/user/1214937857/playlist/5pPNyQxrW0SwlvIqezhZUo

I don't really know what you would call it. Feel good-ish emo vibe? Well yeah the theme is that I guess. It's easier to listen and understand.

I would've added some Flight 409 in there, but Spotify doesn't know who that is. >:/
Or was.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Page 1 of 4