Page 1 of 3
Do you rate David Bowie or do you think he is overrated

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Well I don't think anyone could consider Bowie bad but I reckon people could genuinely not enjoy his music

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Some of his stuff is good, some of it is WTF.

And some of it is both.

Really though, possibly my favourite artist.
handful of good tracks the rest are straight up terrible & let's be real alright the guy gets way too much credit for hopping on whatever bandwagon is popular at the time to keep himself relevant just listen to his shit from the 90s the man's a freaking kook

okay a bit more than a handful but for every decent track he's got there's at least two "im afraid of americans" not a good dece to shit ratio at all
Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jun 23, 2015,
He is one of the best musicians from an era that is over, not only that but he is a fantastic actor.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I like a few of his songs. I wouldn't call myself a 'fan' simply out of ignorance. I was singing along to Space Oddity today actually.

Quote by sashki
Overrated just means "I don't like this but I acknowledge that many people do"

That's what it really means. What people who use it mean is "I don't appreciate this therefore everyone should appreciate it the same way I do".
I like Bowie. Besides his music and his acting, he's just a straight up class guy. Also one of the most influential musicians in the modern era (60's to now), great singer, etc
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
the spiders from mars records + station to station / low / "heroes" are all excellent plus he gave us lou & iggy's best records so i rate him.
Early Bowie is vastly underrated. Ziggy Stardust is one of the best albums of all time.

Later Bowie is slightly overrated.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
He is the best where's sickman when you need em

Didn't read thread before I posted. had my back already, sick
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Jun 23, 2015,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by MinterMan22
handful of good tracks the rest are straight up terrible & let's be real alright the guy gets way too much credit for hopping on whatever bandwagon is popular at the time to keep himself relevant just listen to his shit from the 90s the man's a freaking kook

okay a bit more than a handful but for every decent track he's got there's at least two "im afraid of americans" not a good dece to shit ratio at all

appropriating popular trends was kinda his thing tho
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I like the early stuff, Rebel Rebel for example. Let's Dance is alright and pretty fun to play but it gets old quick.

EDIT:
Quote by Momentosis

would totally wear this if I could
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jun 23, 2015,
When I saw the thread title I kind of assumed he had died.'Why else would there be a thread about him?' I thought. I guess I was wrong.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The former. He took his name after the knife named after Jim Bowie. Therefore whatever an American tells you is correct.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
You just can't go wrong with Bowie from Hunky Dory straight up to Scary Monsters. Possibly the best run of albums of all time AND they were all different.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Bow-ee

or

Boo-ee?

or bahw-ee if you're a silly goose like ricky gervais.
Low and Ziggy are both #1 best ever great. I really like some of his other albums too, some others are boring.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Bow-ee

or

Boo-ee?

bow-ee where bow is like bow&arrow
the knife is pronounced boo-ee if you're not a scrub
l8r
i don't know why i feel so dry
more like /aʊ/tkast amirite
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me