I currently am looking to sell my 2008-09? Schecter Hellraiser c-1 FR, although it is a great guitar I simply do not have the patience to deal with the maintainence and upkeep required for a floyd rose. It only has one scratch on the back of the headstock and all it needs is a setup and it'll sound and play perfectly, does anyone happen to have an approximation on the value of this guitar and if so where would be the best place to sell it? Is going through guitar center an option?
I bought mine in near-perfect condition with a hardcase for $350, bought another for my son for $400 in similar condition but sans hardcase.

What maintenance and upkeep? If it's set up properly it practically takes care of itself. Perhaps it's the initial setup that's causing you problems?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
About $350-400.

Guitar Center is a great place to sell your guitar if you want to get ripped off.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
By maintenance I mean having to change tunings and the set up, it's set up fine I had it set up by a tech at a guitar center its simply the work needed to do I could do without
Quote by PatrickTHolmgre
By maintenance I mean having to change tunings and the set up, it's set up fine I had it set up by a tech at a guitar center its simply the work needed to do I could do without

You don't usually buy a FR equipped guitar if you intend to change tunings very often (ever?) but I suspect you've learned that.

If you take if to GC or similar, you'll generally do better trading it in on what you now want than you will if they purchase it outright.

I wouldn't trust most of the "techs" at GC to tune my guitar, much less set it up, but I suppose there are exceptions.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 23, 2015,
Watch your local Craigslist for a month and see what it’s worth. You can easily get $500 if you live in a city with a mallcore scene. But if all the local players are in bluegrass you’ll be lucky to trade it for a G400.
a bad setup doesn't really help when you are trying to sell. it wouldn't bother me, but i think some people may be put off by it.

i would look at ebay and see what the sold listings are going for. start $40-$50 above there and be looking for offers.

GC will give you about a thrid of new price (from what i have been told by some people who worked there or work there on here) when you sell them a guitar.

+3.1415 to arby too, i would never switch tunings on a FR guitar. that is why i have three
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/