Completely fake.

The headstock looks like it was drawn by someone who was blindfolded, with their feet.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 23, 2015,
looks real to me, is there not a serial number to check??
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
I'm far from an expert, but I have to agree with T00DEEPBLUE- that headstock doesn't look right. Most Fender headstocks have a very pronounced bulb at the end, almost like a half-circle. The one pictured above is far too subtle.

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/guitars/stratocaster/20th-anniversary-relic-stratocaster-vintage-blonde/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 23, 2015,
On second thought yeah danny and t00deep are right the head stock is all funked up
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Quote by Tune my fork

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender, by Hellen Keller
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
To me, that headstock looks like the one on my Godin Progression Boutique:

You bought a used Chinese guitar that someone added new decals, tuners, and a Fender neck plate to. Contact your local police department so they can bust the seller. Because if he put that much effort into his fakes he’s probably going to sell these to more people than just you.
Quote by iamthehub
To me, that headstock looks like the one on my Godin Progression Boutique:

Huh. So it does. I wonder if someone is just changing decals...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Huh. So it does. I wonder if someone is just changing decals...

+1

iamthehub had a helluva eye on that.

jpnyc - serisouly, did you even read the thread? he didn't say he bought it. he wanted people to see if it was legit. come on.

edit: i read the thread and not the title. he did buy it.
to myself.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jun 24, 2015,
Well, unless there was some serious drilling & rewiring, it ISNT a Progression Boutique- those don't have a jack on the face, its on the side.

But since it is a bolt-on, it could still be a Godin neck that has been swapped out and re-decaled.

Don't know what it IS, but it doesn't seem to be what it claims to be.

Quote by trashedlostfdup

jpnyc - serisouly, did you even read the thread? he didn't say he bought it. he wanted people to see if it was legit. come on.

He may or may not have read the thread, but did you read the title? "Custom shop strat I just bought".
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
He may or may not have read the thread, but did you read the title? "Custom shop strat I just bought".

**** me
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
The headstock shape was obvious, the decals are poorly applied, and yeah...But hey. Live and learn. Hopefully you didn't get hosed too much.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
wrong headstock, no walnut plug in trussrod hole. crap string tress, 22 fret guitar with 6 point trem. sorry a fake as they come.
What did you pay?

Return it and get your money back.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
All I had to see was the Headstock to know it's fake.....then I saw that crummy plastic "body protector" for the neckplate - No USA guitar uses those....unless they are being deceitful (ie Kramer and their Neptue NJ neckplates on Korean/Japanese import guitars)
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
does it at least play nicely?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
oh wow you bought it? Sorry, if I'd realised that I'd have been a bit more sympathetic in my reply. That sucks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh wow you bought it? Sorry, if I'd realised that I'd have been a bit more sympathetic in my reply. That sucks.

i was confused too, at least i am not the only one

but that really really sucks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Well they did say 'it would be the bargain of the century', so hopefully didn't pay too much.
Quote by Tony Done
The truss rod hole is different.

The neck plate should also have the "custom shop" logo on it.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i was confused too, at least i am not the only one

but that really really sucks.

yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?