Page 1 of 5
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/06/23/confederate-flag-walmart-roof-emanuel/29153957/

Walmart, Sears, K-Mart, Amazon, Ebay, etc. are ditching any Confederate shit they sell, and several Southern states are taking steps towards that too. About time if you ask me. This "it's just a symbol of Southern history" shit is just some shitty ass bullshit, it's a symbol for racist rednecks.
Eh. I don't agree that it's "a symbol for racist rednecks." But whatever. Businesses that primarily sell confederate flag stuff will make tons o' money from this
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Eh. I don't agree that it's "a symbol for racist rednecks."

I think most people do. The problem is that many people are proud to be racist rednecks.

Ok, not the racist part, but proud to be stupid and closed minded trash.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Dreadnought
Eh. I don't agree that it's "a symbol for racist rednecks." But whatever. Businesses that primarily sell confederate flag stuff will make tons o' money from this

the designer of the flag -

it's a national embarrassment that it took this long. it's also embarrassing that people who fly this thing for the non-racist reasons are so proud of a shitty quasi-country that got its ass kicked in the only war it fought it. **** the entire south.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jun 23, 2015,
Now where will I buy flags to burn?

EDIT: If you take all it's political connotations away, it looks pretty cool, but then again, so does the swastika (not the hakaristi it's based on or any other good luck cross, just the swastika)
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jun 23, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr
America ain't so bad eh

Given that it took this long, yeah.. it is
Quote by genghisgandhi
the designer of the flag -

it's a national embarrassment that it took this long. it's also embarrassing that people who fly this thing for the non-racist reasons are so proud of a shitty quasi-country that got it's ass kicked in the only war it fought it. **** the entire south.

okay i was gonna do the whole 'i get that they had slaves but is the flag really symbolic of that?' thing but this clears some stuff up

gj yanks
Quote by Pastafarian96

EDIT: If you take all it's political connotations away, it looks pretty cool, but then again, so does the swastika (not the hakaristi it's based on or any other good luck cross, just the swastika)

yeah it's a shame, wish the flags could be reversed and the south got stuck with the ugly ass current american flag and we got to keep the cool anglo one.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jun 23, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96

did u know the swastika is based on an ancient hindu symbol that means peace

did u know that
Quote by genghisgandhi
**** the entire south.

Kinda ruined your entire credibility here
Quote by ErikLensherr
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/06/23/confederate-flag-walmart-roof-emanuel/29153957/

Walmart, Sears, K-Mart, Amazon, Ebay, etc. are ditching any Confederate shit they sell, and several Southern states are taking steps towards that too. About time if you ask me. This "it's just a symbol of Southern history" shit is just some shitty ass bullshit, it's a symbol for racist rednecks.

Good, good. Only a few more centuries of progress and you guys will be on Europe's level.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ErikLensherr

did u know that

Hitler was a huge fan of irony
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Dreadnought
Kinda ruined your entire credibility here

Florida's the one southern state that can maybe stay in my reformed USA, if that helps
Quote by ErikLensherr

did u know that

did u know that it's based on the Finnish hakaristi which is in turn can be traced back to the ancient hindu symbol that means peace

did u know that
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by genghisgandhi
Florida's the one southern state that can maybe stay in my reformed USA, if that helps

Make it South Florida and you got a deal
Quote by Neo Evil11
Good, good. Only a few more centuries of progress and you guys will be on Europe's level.

the jamsessionfreak foundation claims no affiliation with this post
Quote by Bladez22
Hitler was a huge fan of irony

I guess that's why he took a cyanide pill, shot himself through the head, and then to finish it off got burned in a ditch covered in petroll.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I guess that's why he took a cyanide pill, shot himself through the head, and then to finish it off got burned in a ditch covered in petroll.

or so they say
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Dreadnought
Make it South Florida and you got a deal

Yeah, Miami is cool. I could take or leave Orlando.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Pastafarian96
did u know that it's based on the Finnish hakaristi which is in turn can be traced back to the ancient hindu symbol that means peace

did u know that

I didn't know that, cool.
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's a symbol for racist rednecks.

But is it only that? Surely worse things have been done under the banner of I don't know, say, the American flag. We don't consider the American flag to be offensive to us, but, uh, well others may rightfully disagree...

Quote by ErikLensherr

It's mostly a good luck symbol actually. Ceremonially, it's even put on the hoods of cars when you buy a new car. (or somewhere less...well, visible)
i think it means rebellion for a lot of people so its not all racist
KIFFLOM
Quote by Pastafarian96
or so they say

FBI also recently released the investigation they did to it. But I guess you don't trust the FBI.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by snipelfritz
I think most people do. The problem is that many people are proud to be racist rednecks.

Ok, not the racist part, but proud to be stupid and closed minded trash.

Definitely agree

Usually the kind of people that like any confederate flag merchandise are the kind of people that call most black people ******s while still claiming they aren't racist.
Quote by Neo Evil11
FBI also recently released the investigation they did to it. But I guess you don't trust the FBI.

Well, as I was unaware of this, I wasn't sure.

I would prefer a source for proof though
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by beadhangingOne
But is it only that? Surely worse things have been done under the banner of I don't know, say, the American flag. We don't consider the American flag to be offensive to us, but, uh, well others may rightfully disagree...

I doubt there's a flag on Earth that doesn't have some shady shit tied to it. However, this one is different because

A) there's an undeniable racist element inextricably linked to it
B) it stands for secession from the union, which is kinda treason
C) they lost
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
I doubt there's a flag on Earth that doesn't have some shady shit tied to it. However, this one is different because

A) there's an undeniable racist element inextricably linked to it
B) it stands for secession from the union, which is kinda treason
C) they lost

Those points are more or less inarguable, but do you hold the opinion that this means the flag should be banned?
Quote by Dreadnought
Those points are more or less inarguable, but do you hold the opinion that this means the flag should be banned?

Absolutely not. People have first amendment rights. I don't think the government should have it in their state capitol though. I completely understand big companies choosing not to sell/use it as well, the flag offends part of their consumer base.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
its not being banned, shops are saying "hey we don't really want to sell this racist flag shit anymore, kthanks"
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
flags are ******ed
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Bladez22
its not being banned, shops are saying "hey we don't really want to sell this racist flag shit anymore, kthanks"

Duh, everyone who's read this thread knows that. I was asking a specific question for a reason.

Ya dingus
Quote by Burgery
flags are ******ed

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dreadnought
Duh, everyone who's read this thread knows that. I was asking a specific question for a reason.

Ya dingus

i thought you were implying it was being banned or censored or whatever

my bad lol

i dont think it should be banned, but questions should be raised as to why people would want to display or support the flag. The walmart and whoever else way is best

then again, i know very little about the culture in South US, so who am i to say shit
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Dreadnought

Of course not. However, removing it from the SC state house was absolutely the right thing and private retailers choosing not to stock confederate flag products falls well into the realm of the free-market, which is what all these "the south will rise again" idiots love so much, right?
Check out my band Disturbed
Yeah, I wouldn't want it banned. That'd be a European ass move. I just don't want it on any state-affiliated areas, and if private vendors decide they don't want to be affiliated with it either then I privately encourage that too but it should never be compelled.
the confederate flag is basically the swastika. Starts out ok, then people get weird, and then it's a universal symbol of suck and that's all people know.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by sonic_hippy
i think it means rebellion for a lot of people so its not all racist

Yep, not just racism, also treason

And no, it shouldn't be banned for sale, but it absolutely should be banned from display on all state property.
Last edited by TheChaz at Jun 23, 2015,
i don't think it even looks good, because i'm incapable of separating its aesthetic from the meaning behind it and what it stood for

all i can see when i look at it is a symbol of hate
This is great, and kind of surprising news. I don't necessarily think people shouldn't allowed to own Confederate flags, but I understand why retailers have banned them from their stores, and I think it's a great sign of respect to the black population, specifically in South Carolina.

In my opinion, it should be a clear cut decision to remove the flag in SC. The flag clearly upsets a large number of the US population because it was created as a symbol of racial oppression. In the wake of the terrible events in Charleston and other places in the country recently, it is simply a matter of showing respect for those who feel not just offended, but oppressed by the current state of American society. And they are oppressed. By not taking it down, it's basically saying, "**** you, we don't care about how you feel."

From a different article:

"We hope that this decision will show our support for those affected by the recent events in Charleston and, in some small way, help to foster racial unity and tolerance in our country," the Pennsylvania-based Valley Forge Flag company said in a statement."
Page 1 of 5