Has anyone ever tried flipping their strings upside down? Like the "away" or "up" side to them, you just put that used side against the fretboard! If this works I'm a genius!

Let me know how it goes for you guys
Yeah sure thing. Ill get right on that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah sure thing. Ill get right on that.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
EJSocket, everyone except you already knew that.

Even people who don't play guitar knew it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Are you serious? Just out of curiosity, explain to me how you think this is going to extend the life of guitar strings?

All I can imagine that this is going to do is expose your frets to the rough edges of the string and speed up the progress of fret wear whilst simultaneously doing nothing to reduce the tone loss that's caused by the corrosion and the build up of dead skin and sweat on the string.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
rumour has it that wiping them off with a clean cloth works fairly well.

dude are you that broke that you have to worry about this
What? You do know that corrosion over the whole string, not just the top right? Unless your strings are rectangular your sweat and dirt will affect all sides of the string. I know a better solution. Right, so you get your old strings, and then you throw them out and put new ones on.
Quote by EJSrocket
Has anyone ever tried flipping their strings upside down? Like the "away" or "up" side to them, you just put that used side against the fretboard! If this works I'm a genius!

Let me know how it goes for you guys

Yeah, I hate buying new strings.

What I tend to do is run a bead of weld down the length of them and then file them back to the original diameter. It's a bit tricky at first but I can now do it without taking the strings off the guitar.
Quote by SpiderM
Yeah, I hate buying new strings.

What I tend to do is run a bead of weld down the length of them and then file them back to the original diameter. It's a bit tricky at first but I can now do it without taking the strings off the guitar.

Do you run the bead all at once, or do you do spot welds first?

Would welding them to a particular fret make a capo unnecessary?
I've found that applying a liberal glob of KY Jelly to the fret board and rubbing up and down the neck vigorously helps straighten up the neck of a guitar. I'll have to try this flipping the strings upside down trick. I wear my strings out pretty quickly with all the rubbing I do these days.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by EJSrocket

Have you tried this with toilet paper?
this is one of those times where i really REALLY hope we are getting trolled. i mean REALLY.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/