Hi! My name is John and I’m new at this forum.

I was wondering if you could help me identify a guitar I own.

Here’s the thing. A couple of years ago (8 or so), my brother bought this used Ibanez in the USA (we’re from Argentina). He’s not so into guitars, but he found this one at a reasonable price and thought it would be a good instrument to learn with. Anyway, now he has decided to sell it -cause he doesn’t really play anymore- so he asked me how much he could get for it. And here’s the problem: I can’t determine the guitar’s model… I mean, it’s clearly an “S series”, probably a “470”, but the previous owner customized it, so I can’t be sure. Now I’m more curious about the guitar’s origin than her price. My brother remembers the other guy changed the stock neck (now it has binding -although it actually looks hand-painted to me- and it hasn’t the serial number on the back of the headstock.). The only stock pickup left is the middle one, an “S1” model, which I think came in the Japanese models. Then it has an Ibanez Floyd Rose bridge, and “mahogany oil” finish. I’ve been doing some research but I couldn’t find this exact model online…

Well, that’s pretty much it; I hope you guys can help me!

Last edited by JeyJey92 at Jun 24, 2015,
There's not much to it beyond being an S470. This finish was SOL (stained oil) and it was likely made in 92-93 since it has the S1 in the middle.