I can't seem to point out what exactly is causing his in my chain. I tried new cords, patch cables, and replaced the daisy chain which I thought I was definitely sure was causing the hiss, but it didn't get rid of it. Strangest thing is that the hiss begins to appear minutes after plugging it in. At first, there's no hiss, but in a while its there and doesnt disappear even when the volume on the guitar is on 0. I tried each pedal on their own, none of them hiss on their own. I didn't have this problem at all before. I'm really hesitant on getting a new power supply. Any thoughts?
setup your chain in full, and remove one pedal at a time to see if the hissing stops, if the hiss is still there, put the pedal back and move to the next one.
I use a zendrive clone, bosss-ds1, a chorus, and a danelectro fab echo modded into a delay. My power supply is a 9v power adapter with a mooer daisy chain.
Honestly it's probably your power supply. You'd probably be better off with a One-Spot or an isolated power supply.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by UGBugs
I can't seem to point out what exactly is causing his in my chain. I tried new cords, patch cables, and replaced the daisy chain which I thought I was definitely sure was causing the hiss, but it didn't get rid of it. Strangest thing is that the hiss begins to appear minutes after plugging it in. At first, there's no hiss, but in a while its there and doesnt disappear even when the volume on the guitar is on 0. I tried each pedal on their own, none of them hiss on their own. I didn't have this problem at all before. I'm really hesitant on getting a new power supply. Any thoughts?

After doing what the below poster recommended

Quote by guitarsngear
setup your chain in full, and remove one pedal at a time to see if the hissing stops, if the hiss is still there, put the pedal back and move to the next one.

Try the following.

1) Use a different guitar
2) Eliminate if it is a mains AC power issue specific to your location. Do this by first making sure your amp and pedal supply are all plugged into the one board.
3) If step 2 does not help try plugging it all in at another location away from even your own street. See if it goes back to what it used to. If it OK in another locations AC mains power look at one of these. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HD400.aspx

Taking your word all your cables and leads are good and nothing has changed at your guitar rig end and it was all OK before could well be an AC mains power issue. Could be anything from someone in your premises is plugging in a new device on the same circuit or phase causing hum? Grounding issue on the mains? Work on your street? Who knows. But definitely try it in another place. If it still hisses in another place definitely something to do with the gear. Any forum stuff is guess work. Worth a try anyway to eliminate mains AC if you say nothing has changed and all is OK..
I've tried my gear in a different place and with a different guitar with the same results. I guess I'll go and get a onespot. I tried the pedals one by one with the same power supply and there was no noise. I'm slightly bothered by this fact but since almost everyone around here uses a onespot and has no noise issues probably best to go with that.
Quote by guitarsngear

Try the reverse of this.
Start with no pedals and add one at a time and test.
If and when you find a pedal that causes a hiss, set it aside and move on to the next pedal.
But a One Spot if your best bet.
Power adapters not made for audio gear is generally not recommended for pedals.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 30, 2015,
1. most likely power supply. - my power One Spot was doing to me with 5 pedals in chain.
2. are you using it with your amp OD on? -- my rig will hiss when my amp OD is switched on.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
No, I'm always on the clean channel. All my gain comes from the DS-1. I have yet to buy a one spot. Can you clarify what you mean by your one spot was doing to you with 5 pedals?
I had the One Spot supply with the (5) daisy chain adapter connected to all 5 pedals. and would get a hiss / hum from the amp with all pedals off and clean amp.

When I unplugged the Ditto X2 looper, the hiss went away. That pedal, for some reason, didn't like whatever voltage drop was caused by the daisy chain.

I have since upgraded to the voodoo labs, mounted under my board - all good, no issue.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
Check the max output of the power supply, and the mA on your pedals.