https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mikme-wireless-recording-microphone#/story

So, the above link is to an indiegogo page where the funding has gone through the roof, gathering money over five times the original goal. It's basically a mic that's shaped like a small cube and operates completely without a wire, but with a possiblity of USB connectivity. It is claimed that it's great for bloggers, skypers, filmmakers and also musicians. There are a number of claims about studio quality recording. And it costs less than 200 bucks.

So... wireless, studio quality recording for that price? Sounds pretty damn farfetched. Now, if I had that money I'd definitely buy a mic that is not that one, but just for the sake of discussion I'd like to know what people think. The USB connectivity alone raises a lot of suspicion. I feel like the "studio quality" holds water if by studio we mean a space for recording that's inferior to my bedroom.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Studio quality is another thing entirely, there are applications where an SM58 is def better than that.

For something like that I wouldn't pay that much, but it's pretty convenient and hassle-free indeed, so I'm guessing that thing might get a lot of success among these people who value convenience over the rest and don't care for a particularly good sound quality.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yup, I'd totally dig that if I can just take it to the park or the beach with me and record some acoustic guitar fiddling, or just to "take notes" of cool parts I come up with. But actual studio recording? I don't think so. And you definitely can get an okay studio mic for that price.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
It probably does one analog to digital conversion through airwaves, maybe Bluetooth. I wouldn't pay that much, and you'll have the wireless reliability issues.
Granted I've recorded some shows with high end AKG wireless and it was okay but why bother? Get something with better track record.
Last edited by diabolical at Jun 26, 2015,
What am I missing? I have a Tascam 6 track DP-006 digital multi-track that runs on batteries with two built in stereo mics (that sound very good), runs off batteries, has a USB connection and records to an SD card that I can use to download to my computer. What's the big deal about this except the Blue Tooth connection? Oh, the Tascam DP-006 sells for $99.00.

What am I missing here? Sounds like one trick pony.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 26, 2015,