Hello everyone, I have a budget of 200-300$(Hard but possible) and I want to get a decent electric guitar. I would love it if it had a maple fretboard as it makes me feel very comfortable playing. I know this seems "Noobish", but I need a proper brand like Fender/Gibson/PRS/Epiphone/Ibanez/ESP/Jackson/Etc... Because where I live, there is no way I can find anything other than the popular brands, there is an EXTREMELY limited amount of shops so they only get brands and no website ships here.
I play nearly anything, but not metal, thank you
Where do you live? Antarctica? You should be able to find a used Jackson, Ibanez, LTD, or Fender in that price range. If you have to buy new - you should be able to find a Jackson dinky (JS32) with a maple board in your budget. They are solid guitars for folks with budget in mind.

I am assuming that you are somewhere in the U.S.?
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Go in to one of your shops and ask for a five finger discount.

Maybe not. Squier Classic Vibe guitars are around that price range iirc. Those aren't bad at all.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Where do you live? Antarctica? You should be able to find a used Jackson, Ibanez, LTD, or Fender in that price range. If you have to buy new - you should be able to find a Jackson dinky (JS32) with a maple board in your budget. They are solid guitars for folks with budget in mind.

I am assuming that you are somewhere in the U.S.?

I live in the Middle East, yeah.
The JS32 looks pretty decent specially that it has humbuckers, added to the list of possible guitars, thanks!
Quote by Dread602
I live in the Middle East, yeah.
The JS32 looks pretty decent specially that it has humbuckers, added to the list of possible guitars, thanks!

i'd suggest giving us a list of guitars that are available to you in your price range. this would make it easier to give you recommendations that are actually useful to you.
Quote by monwobobbo
i'd suggest giving us a list of guitars that are available to you in your price range. this would make it easier to give you recommendations that are actually useful to you.

My list of possible guitars:
Yamaha's 112J/112V/012
Jackson's JS32 Dinky
Fender Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom
Epiphone Worn G-400
Ibanez RG421
Ibanez GRG20Z
Epiphone les paul special II
Fender Squier '51
Fender Squier Affinity telecaster
Fender Squier Affinity stratocaster
Fender Bullet strat HSS model
Epiphone SG Special
Do you think any of those are bad guitars? I mean, I can pay 250$ so if any of those don't meet 250$ quality then tell me if possible!
Last edited by Dread602 at Jun 25, 2015,
The one's out of that list I'd avoid personally...

Ibanez GRG20Z
Epi LP Special 2
Both Affinity model Squiers
and the Bullet

Besides the Yamaha which I've never came across the rest should be decent-pretty good in build quality, sound, etc. That's just my input though.
Used mim Tele or Strat, used PRS SE. $250 and you got a nice gig quality axe. Don't have $250? Wash cars/sweep floors/mow lawns and earn it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by JBailey23
The one's out of that list I'd avoid personally...

Ibanez GRG20Z
Epi LP Special 2
Both Affinity model Squiers
and the Bullet

Besides the Yamaha which I've never came across the rest should be decent-pretty good in build quality, sound, etc. That's just my input though.

Thank you for the info, I personally think the Epiphone looks like it has terrible quality.
That Vintage Modified Tele is definitely a VERY decent guitar in that price range.
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
Quote by Cajundaddy
Used mim Tele or Strat, used PRS SE. $250 and you got a nice gig quality axe. Don't have $250? Wash cars/sweep floors/mow lawns and earn it.
Even if I earn it, I have someone in my family who won't let me spend anything on music related stuff. I am lucky to be able to buy anything at all.
Quote by Dread602
Even if I earn it, I have someone in my family who won't let me spend anything on music related stuff. I am lucky to be able to buy anything at all.

That seems very weird. Is your family Muslim?
Yamaha Pacificas are one of the best bangs for the buck.

The Jacksons are more metal oriented, and you don't play metal (except the San Dimas, but I think they are out of your price range).

MIM Teles and Strats are also good as it was mentioned above.
Quote by Dread602
My list of possible guitars:
Yamaha's 112J/112V/012
Jackson's JS32 Dinky
Epiphone Worn G-400
Ibanez RG421
Ibanez GRG20Z
Epiphone les paul special II
Fender Squier '51
Fender Squier Affinity telecaster
Fender Squier Affinity stratocaster
Fender Bullet strat HSS model
Epiphone SG Special
Do you think any of those are bad guitars? I mean, I can pay 250$ so if any of those don't meet 250$ quality then tell me if possible!

Yamaha makes good inexpensive guitars.

Epi G-400 is a solid guitar

Squier Affinity isn't bad at all for a lower end guitar. the bullet series is crap.

i'm sure others can chiime in on the ibanez models. oh and that jackson is ok not great but not bad
I would say out of your list these should be the front runners
Yamaha's 112J/112V/012
Jackson's JS32 Dinky
Epiphone Worn G-400
Ibanez RG421

I would suggest the vintage modified Tele if metal isn't your thing.
Quote by Tony Done
Just on reputation, a Yamaha Pacifica would be my first choice.

Just out of interest, what are you doing for an amp?
I have a Fender Mustang I amplifier, sounds pretty good!
Quote by guitarsngear
I would say out of your list these should be the front runners
Yamaha's 112J/112V/012
Jackson's JS32 Dinky
Epiphone Worn G-400
Ibanez RG421

I would suggest the vintage modified Tele if metal isn't your thing.
To be honest, I feel like this is what I am going to buy. Still going to check here and there.
+1 for Yamaha Pacifica, but expect some light tinkering.

If Peavey is available in your shops, the Predator Plus is an amazing hot-rod entry level guitar. I'd block the trem though.
Avoid the 012 Pacifica. Other than that, I agree with guitarsngear's list. Between those guitars, it's largely a matter of what you want from the guitar (pickup arrangement, neck profile, etc). Best to try them out and see what you prefer.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it. Now I have a decent list of what to buy and not to buy.
Thanks again and have a good day!