I want a new VIP 2. Do they give you the one on the shelf or do they have new ones in the back? Ive never bought an amp from them
Quote by ibanezn00b5
I want a new VIP 2. Do they give you the one on the shelf or do they have new ones in the back? Ive never bought an amp from them

yeah they get you a new one in the box provided it's in stock.
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah they get you a new one in the box provided it's in stock.

Exactly this. I worked at GC. If it's a "Q1" as in they only have one in the store, they will sell you that. If they have one in that back they will get it for you if you ask, though they might want you to take the floor one.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I got multiple people saying they only sell floor models. And others saying you can ask for a new one in the back. Im confused! What is it!?!?!
Quote by ibanezn00b5
I got multiple people saying they only sell floor models. And others saying you can ask for a new one in the back. Im confused! What is it!?!?!

Probably one in the back is what you will get.
Unless the floor model is the only one they have in stock.

Lets look at it from the employee's respective:

Getting it from the back:
1. Go to the back
2. Search for box with your new amp.
3. Bring out box which contains all accessories (manual, cords, dvd, etc.)
4. Hand it off to you.

Selling you the floor model:
1. Dig around behind amp to unplug it.
2. Bring amp to you
3. Search around for all the accessories, which may be scattered around and put them in a bag.
4. Hand everything off to you.
5. Go to the back
6. Search for box with amp that he just took from the floor
7. Bring out box which contains all accessories (manual, cords, dvd, etc.)
8. Put accessories somewhere.
9. Place amp in empty hole where floor model was.

Which method would you choose?
Amps like those they have boxes and boxes of in the back, because they sell them so much.
Your the Customer (buyer), and it's your prerogative and right to get what you want. You don't have to buy their floor model (open stock). It's your decision, if they have stock, other than what's on the floor. I have purchased various items from GC stores, and never had a problem getting what I wanted. In fact, I have had them order an item, when all they had at the store, was the one on display, which I did not want. Another option, and reasonable, as a buyer, to suggest that what is open, on the floor, has likely been played by other prospective buyers, therefore, is used. As such, you might consider buying that, at a discounted price.
Quote by ibanezn00b5

It depends on what the store has in stock. The hundreds of Guitar Center stores don’t have identical inventories.