Poll: Is automatic violence justified on a home-intruder?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is automatic violence justified on a home-intruder?
I'm American and I think automatic violence is justified
30 33%
I'm American and I don't think automatic violence is justified
8 9%
I'm European and I think automatic violence is justified
24 27%
I'm European and I don't think automatic violence is justified
14 16%
I'm neither and I think automatic violence is justified
12 13%
I'm neither and I don't think automatic violence is justified
2 2%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 3
and you had a deadly weapon readily available? (sword, bat, knife, gun, whatever).

This is one issue that I very strongly disagree with my fellow liberals on, because I think if you find someone intruding in your home you have every right to beat the absolute shit out of them. If they are also armed with a deadly weapon I think, depending on the circumstances, you are justified in using deadly force and do NOT have a duty to retreat.

Many Euros seem to be really confused by this and say things like, "they just want your TV, m8". I find their reaction equally puzzling. They're committing an incredible violation on you by entering your home. It's not about stuff. It's about you not having to feel unsafe in the one place where you should always feel safe.

Vote, you'll cowards.
Check out my band Disturbed
Start by asking "what the fuck are you doing in my house". If their answer is unsatisfactory proceed to attempting to beat the shit out of them with a non-lethal weapon.

Assuming I had access to some form of deadly weapon for whatever reason, I'd use it to threaten but probably not with the intention of using it. Not because of any moral objection to using deadly force, but more because using it would lead to some form of criminal investigation and I ain't got time for that shit.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I'm American and I would kill them with kindness.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I keep a 3 inch knife in my nightstand, I'd use that if I get the chance. Probably wouldn't try to kill him though.
unless they are good with martial arts it wouldnt go well for them lets say
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I think automatic violence is justifiable but I probably would not do that if I found an intruder.
cat
Yeah, I think automatic violence is justified. Like, don't touch my shit bro.
I sleep with a hunting knife next to my bed and would only use it as a threat, mainly because in Australia I'll get arrested for grievous bodily harm if I use it on anyone, intruder or not.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Call the police and run out lol wtf is with all you macho people?

Sure it's justified and you should have your rights protected in the event you do so (EDIT: ^unless it's a deadly weapon with the intention to kill or inflict grievous bodily harm, come on), but I don't get anyone who wants to hurt someone/risk getting hurt.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by King Donkey

Sure it's justified and you should have your rights protected in the event you do so (EDIT: ^unless it's a deadly weapon with the intention to kill or inflict grievous bodily harm, come on), but I don't get anyone who wants to hurt someone/risk getting hurt.
The cops are the intruders.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by King Donkey

Yeah, and it will take the police at least 30 minutes to show up.
Also...
Me: "Hey, do you have any deadly weapons with you and do you intend to harm me?'
Intruder: "Nah dude, I just want to steal you valuables so I can buy some more meth/heroin/whatever".
Me: "Ok then, let me know when you are done, I wanna make a sandwich".

Or:
Me: "Hey, do you have any deadly weapons with you and do you intend to harm me?'
Intruder: "BOOM!!!".
Me: "arggghhhhhh".
Do whatever I could to harm them and not have any worries or regrets if they died. That's not "being macho" it's human instinct.

Even though there's like 20 cops living in my neighborhood and one a few houses down, if someone breaks into my house I'm not going to risk them harming my family while I dick around on the phone with the 911 operator.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96
in Australia I'll get arrested for grievous bodily harm if I use it on anyone, intruder or not.

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life. I used to think Australia was cool.
I don't know what I'd do. I couldn't even speculate.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I think you have a right to defend yourself in your own home. I'm not a fan of the "stand your ground" laws and stuff like that, but if someone is breaking into your own home, I think you have every right to defend yourself. You have control of and oversee who enters and leaves, there's no reasonable reason in most cases for someone to be in there that you don't want to be there, so you have every reason to be hostile towards an uninvited intruder.

As far as what I'd do, too circumstantial. How big are they? Do they look particularly strong? Are they armed? Are they showing any signs of injury(Limping from a twisted ankle getting in, grabbing a bleeding arm cut on broken glass from a window, etc.)? Is the weapon in question that I have a baseball bat or a butcher's knife or something while they have a gun, or vice versa? Do they see or hear me? How far am I from them? What obstacles are around us? How close is a possible exit for them? Are they moving towards me, pointing a weapon at me, or otherwise acting in a fashion to suggest initiation of violence? There's too many variables without a clearer hypothetical.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 26, 2015,
Apologise to them and let them leave. They only want my TV m8..
Violence only instigates violence, and despite my intense mental and anger problems, I am a pacifist at heart, as truly hurting someone is one of my biggest fears.
ayy lmao
i don't have much worth going through all that effort to rob but still hell nah im not letting some home invading dipshit parade around my place like its nbd. i used to sleep with my old wooden ccm stick beside my bed just in case this type of shit went down lol these things did damage if you ever whacked someone with em & i had this ridiculous sakic tier curve on it too so i could really ruin someone's face from a distance if it ever came to that

eventually lost that beauty when i moved but to this day i keep a wooden hockey stick (lame 10 dollar jumbo joe from sportschek lmao #streetcred) in my room shits great i use it to change channels on the busted ass tube tv i got in my room without getting outta bed, open and close windows without getting outta bed, mess around with the shutters without getting outta bed, open the door to let the cat in or out without getting outta bed, turn off the lights without getting outta bed, and scaring away any obnoxious asshole ravens perched outside my window in the morning without getting outta bed
Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jun 26, 2015,
European. Automatic violence isn't justified, because there's a chance they'll just leg it.

And if they don't, I have my granddad's kukri, which is big enough for proper "that's not a knife" action.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
im more of a swat em down and let the cat take care of it type of guy tbh #playmaker #passfirst #teamguy
Quote by MinterMan22
im more of a swat em down and let the cat take care of it type of guy tbh #playmaker #passfirst #teamguy

#enforcer #protectmystars #johnscott
Quote by slapsymcdougal
European. Automatic violence isn't justified, because there's a chance they'll just leg it.

And if they don't, I have my granddad's kukri, which is big enough for proper "that's not a knife" action.

If someone drew a kukri on me I'd nope the fuck out of there.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Try and get something to identify them with eg. Pictures, video, then get somewhere safe and call the police.

Y'all be acting like you can predict exactly what you will do
I have had intruders in the house, they broke in at night and stole my handbag. My mum disturbed them before they took anything else and all she did was scream. Which woke my dad and iI up. We thought she was having a bad dream. Did iI expect my mum to rush them or do anything else? No. She could have been seriously hurt as iit was and fortunately they ran out immediately. She was so scared and shaken for the rest of the night and the next day.

So yeah its your property being violated, but better that than your body.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Most burglaries happen during thr day when nobody is home , night break ins are rare

Violence up to killing them is justified, and if they're armed with machetes or something then shooting them in thr face is more than justified. People who break into people's homes are the lowest, to then arm yourself with whatever makes you even shittier. No sympathy at all
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
How would I deal with the criminal home invasion problem in Detroit?

1. Center mass
2. Center mass
3. Head

Done...and then the problem magically goes away. You can thank me later.
give them a chance to leave immediately.

if they don't, then gg to them.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Depends who it was tbh

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Depends who it was tbh

What if it was Mecha-Hitler?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I would do a different thing than if it were T-Swift

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Page 1 of 3