Alright, so I've started to bolster my mic collection, but without consideration towards my interface's capabilities of, y'know, handling them Right now I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6: 2 mic pres, expandable via ADAT. I love it to death, but I can't mic a drum kit with it, and that's what I've got to do. So now I'm split between two options.

Option one: I pick up a used Focusrite OctoPre MkII (~$350-500,) connect via ADAT, and be done with it

Option two: I sell my 18i6 (~$200) to pick up a used 18i20 (~$350, but $150 out of pocket) to have everything I need in one package for a lower cost.

Essentially what I'm asking is if it's worth the extra money for the OctoPre's mic pres, or if the Scarlett pres are on about the same level. I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with both.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
I've got an 18i20+OctoPre MkII. I haven't noticed a difference to be honest. I just plug into whatever is easiest at the time. Did drums with 14 mics and couldnt tell which pre's I used.

There may be a difference but I haven't A/B'ed them.
The pre's should be just about the same.

I recommend getting a better sounding audio interface altogether, but if you like these pre's then you might as well get more of those.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by maidenmyguide
I've got an 18i20+OctoPre MkII. I haven't noticed a difference to be honest. I just plug into whatever is easiest at the time. Did drums with 14 mics and couldnt tell which pre's I used.

There may be a difference but I haven't A/B'ed them.

Great, thank you! This is giving me confidence to go the cheaper route

Quote by Spambot_2
The pre's should be just about the same.

I recommend getting a better sounding audio interface altogether, but if you like these pre's then you might as well get more of those.

Yeah, I don't like or dislike them necessarily, but my definite main priority right now is just stepping up my number of pres without getting something totally shit haha
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter